Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Dtown's Mobile Tech.
901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a new product line of the Sena SMH10 bluetooth head sets and these things are great. I was wondering if there is any interest in a group buy for some of these? I can look at putting something together if there seems to be enough.

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
I have been thinking about something like this. I may be interested in a group buy, still doing some research but at first look it does seem like a nice unit.

·
Dtown's Mobile Tech.
901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sena smh10

I have just come back from a bit of a ride with mine on for music and all I can say is WOW these things rock the volume is actually TOO LOUD at full where other units i have had before at full volume they were best and they also only had a single speaker. I turned the pair i had on last night before i left for work and set them in talk mode left them to sit for the night approx 11-12 hrs later when i came home they were both still on and working fine, so that shows that the batteries will last, but these also have the ability to be charged while on with a 12v socket. I feel that with this system there will be no problem using your phone, gps, mp3 player or simply for an intercom and any bike with any helmet.

I have been working with my supplier and am ready to look at setting up a group discount for this. I have been able to work out a deal of $275 for a pair, a single one would be $175. I need to get 15 pairs sold to make this deal happen so I will start a list and when the list is full we will proceed with the offer.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I've recently been looking at options for an intercom and this may just fit the bill. I like the fact its got a built in booster also. Do you know how it compares to a chatterbox setup?

The ability to charge when riding is a nice option to have. It seems like if you forget to charge them and are on a long ride you could easily need to have them powered via a cord. Do you know how many devices it can pair up with at a time?

Thanks for the info.

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
AOW thanks for the link. That looks to be a very well written review and field test. Yet another thing to add to the list of wants this year LOL.

·
Premium Member
10,809 Posts
Nice! I think these are the way to go. I think headphones beat speakers, at speed. Thanks for putting this together. Come to MWT! Joe

·
Premium Member
759 Posts
darn, I would if we had not already bought them! My wife and I used BlueAnt bluetooth communicators for years, then upgraded to the Sena's about 3 months ago.

for rider-to-rider communication, the Sena's are the best I have used.

Much easier to pair with each other, and the ergonomics are better as well.

they don't have noise cancellation like the Blue Ants did, but the voices are so clear with the Sena's, you just turn up the volume when the speeds and noise get high...they are a great communicator, IMO.

They also work at about twice the distance of the BlueAnts, but that still does not help when she decides to buzz ahead of me, out of sight, on her V-Rod, as I putter along on my Softail :)

·
Registered
329 Posts
I am definitely interested after watching their video showing them connected to a gps, mp3 player and phone all at the same time. While its doubtful that I will use my phone when on my bike, having the option and the ability to have multiple bluetooth items connected at once is exactly what I want. Plus my mrs likes several different helmets so being able to move the headset to another helmet is a definite plus.

Count me in on the group buy for sure.

·
Organicdesign
2 Posts
Sena smh10

Folks these units are great and so is after the sale service by Sena. My wife and I have been using them since early last year. She has been riding for only a year and is sort of gabby so some sort of communication is a must. I was worried about the BlueTooth range but it has been great and if we do get out of range we can use the units to call our cell phones. We each have 3 helmets for varying weather conditons. We live on the south bank of Lake Erie and somehow ride year round Lake-Effect or not. The Sena units are easy to move from one helmet to another if all helmets have the Sena helmet clamps. A helmet clamp that has a mini-jack for headphones came out late in the summer and I made up a set of molded silicone earbuds that work great. Unfortunately the female part of the mini-jack located on the clamping device started to crack. I was at the bike show in Cleveland last week and told the Sena rep about the crack. He immediately went to his truck and gave me a replacement. Super!
My only word of caution about the main units is the fragility of the little prong connectors that make contact with the clamping unit. They are easy to bend when attaching to the helmet clamps. Other than that they are pretty much bullet proff.

·
Premium Member
1,494 Posts
i like the idea but i doubt it will work well with a half helmet

·
Organicdesign
2 Posts
Sena SMH10

I have them on a half-helmet, a threequarter-helmet and a modular helmet. About the only problem I've had with the half helmet is needing to put my hand in front of the microphone boom above 60 mph

1 - 20 of 39 Posts