Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
I'm guessing the blueing is on the actual physical pipes.

A mate of mine uses fine grade wire wool (1000 or 1200).
Brings it back to a nice shine, including on chrome, without scratching.
You can combine it with some metal polish too.

·
puk! puk! puk!
288 Posts
I've seen some stuff called Blue Job in the biker rags.
Do not know if it works or not though

·
Blowin' Smoke
2,647 Posts
I have used a product called Simichrome in the past. It works well and seems to retard the return of the blue a bit (remember the pipes on the old Nortons and Triumphs?). I never tried it in conjunction with very fine steel wool, but suspect it would be a good combination. I believe you can get Simichrome just about anywhere that sells such products, like your local Pep Boys.

·
Registered
329 Posts
scrap all those suggestions for this: the safest and cheapest way to go with the least amount of work... get a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser from your local convenience store or drug store's cleaning aisle. Get it a little wet and watch the blue/brown literally DISAPPEAR!!!! Best solution I've found and beats all those "blue-off" cleaners that claim to work.
I need to do this to my bike now. I usually have to do it twice a year to keep the pipes looking shiny!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Synseer - You gave me a good idea. I could use a grinder and grind the pipes down until the blue and brown are gone. :bs:

synseer said:
Just get some silver or chrome colored spray paint and put a good couple of coats on it. They'll come out great! :stilpoke:

·
Pineland Underground
14,737 Posts
Pale_Horse said:
Synseer - You gave me a good idea. I could use a grinder and grind the pipes down until the blue and brown are gone. :bs:
Well...if you really want to go through all that trouble..sure I guess. I'm pretty sure though no one would notice if you just painted over all the blue. :laugh:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts