Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was at the dealer today and saw the "Bike Brite Blue Buster Polishing Kit". The box reads as follows: "Removes Blueing, Scratches, and Surface Imperfections". It comes with a polishing gel and hand-drill disc pad for buffing.

There were some minor surface scratches on my pipes when I bought the bike, so I picked up the kit.

Anyone used this thing before? I'm hesitant to just go at my pipes with the disc pad.

·
Ironbutt
886 Posts
Never heard of it; however kep us informed on the results:D

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Long-term tarnish

From what I can find via the Internet, there is some concern for tarnishing with repeated use.

For a 1-time fix, I guess I'll try... just hope someone here will sell me stock parts if it doesn't work out!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Gave the buff a try today

Well, I took the plunge and tried the buff pad on my drill, with mixed results.

Definately had some positive effect on the scratches, not 100% gone but maybe visibly reduced by 50% or so. Scratches were slight to begin with, so the whole thing is pretty subjective. Also colored the pipes a bit more silver in the buffer area, again the effect is probably only noticeable to me.

Worth the $27 I paid, but not much more.

·
Ironbutt
886 Posts
Thanks for the update. Sounded to good to be totally true

·
Registered
139 Posts
Bike Bright Blue Buster Polishing Kit Stock # BB-100

Any further updates? I need to remove bluing on my pipes. The HD dealer says this is the only product Harley stands behind. The parts manager said although he's not used it personally, he's never seen the product returned and said his customers have been happy with the results.

·
Registered
8 Posts
There,s this stuff I used on my pipes, Blue Job and it works. I dropped a shammi towel on my hotpipes, baked on crisp, blue, black and yellow. I thought I would have to get them rechromed but my dealer told me about Blue Job and man it works. You just need some elbow grease and time.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
OMG A thread revival after 5 1/2 years this has to be a new record

·
# 12/50 Ignite LE
2,913 Posts

Any further updates? I need to remove bluing on my pipes. The HD dealer says this is the only product Harley stands behind. The parts manager said although he's not used it personally, he's never seen the product returned and said his customers have been happy with the results.
SAVE YOUR MONEY!!!!! Get your pipes ceramic coated if you do not like the blue. Even if that junk does remove the bluing on your pipes it will only return in about.......5 miles. I used some other crap called blue job, what a joke. I think the dealers always get new snake oil in when the word gets around that the current snake oil does not work. The only reason that customers do not return it is because they are embarressed that they actually fell for the gimmick.

As always, heres some pics of my purdy ceramic coated header pipes and some nicer polished SS clamps.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I gave it a try. Also mixed results.

First, I have to say it does work but takes a ton of effort to get the blue back to a clear chrome color. It seems to go in some areas from blue to yellow to chrome, but the bottom line is it did work.

In my case I purchased a CFR chromed exhaust used. it had been used in a very lean setup and had severe blue and yellow discoloration all the way up to the 2 in to 1. My bike has been properly tuned but for the winter project I wanted to get as much as the blue and yellowing off as possible. I'm confident I won't have the blue return as I'm much richer than the previous setup.

The biggest problem I had was the polishing pad wore out way too fast. I've not been able to find the pad alone so am now looking to purchase another kit. It seems a little expensive (2 kits for about 12 inches of pipe) and a lot of work... I think I could have taken it somewhere and had it polished for close to what 2 kits cost but maybe i'm wrong. Anyway, the bottom line is it does worked!!!

:2cents:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts