Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do I rotate it so it points to the right of the bike? It is staight up and down right now and does not budge (or at least I am not going to force it).

·
Premium Member
5,720 Posts
You should be able to unscrew it easily. I had mine off and totally apart a few times. There's really nothing to it (unless they've changed the design).

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bproulxvrod said:
You should be able to unscrew it easily. I had mine off and totally apart a few times. There's really nothing to it (unless they've changed the design).
Well I took off the unit and was able to rotate with a little force. Thanks.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wait... It does not matter. Is this how it is supposed to look on a 2007?

If so, my plenum is welded to the base backwards - it has to be because the blow off valve is towards the back of my bike! No way the airbox cover can go on like this... WTF? Help. Here is a pic of my Plenum:

img082.jpg

·
Premium Member
5,720 Posts
Your first pic is how it should look when done. The blow-off valve should be in the front near the battery. Did you somehow put the Throttle Bodies back on backwards when you took them off to tap out the fitting for the vacuum line on the regulator????

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I wish that was true - no. The throttle assembly is still on the correct side of the bike. No way I would be able to hook up the wiring to the throttle body if I did. The Plenum base seems welded on backwards.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well looking at the Plenum on their site I would say it is messed up. My experience with Trask has not been the best yet (I'll keep the first issue to myself since people do mess up; but, twice without perfect rectification is an issue). The system looks real nice. I'll reserve my judgement of Trask until tomorrow when I see how fast they rectify this and how fast I get a new one.

vrodkit.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,535 Posts
RODent said:
Well looking at the Plenum on their site I would say it is messed up. My experience with Trask has not been the best yet (I'll keep the first issue to myself since people do mess up; but, twice without perfect rectification is an issue). The system looks real nice. I'll reserve my judgement of Trask until tomorrow when I see how fast they rectify this and how fast I get a new one.

View attachment 83262

pm me with keeping me posted on your probs with trask please..

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
nightrod81 said:
pm me with keeping me posted on your probs with trask please..
The system itself is beautiful and very very well engineered. I have seen the V&H system and I would take this even if it cost twice as much. Trask did a great job. I am sure from what I hear they will rectify this to my satisfaction. I wanted to get this on so I could wake up the neighbors in the morning + I have few hours left to complete this bike by the weekend. I can get most of it on without the Plenum.

·
myvrodrocks
6,021 Posts
RODent said:

View attachment 83262

I can tell you from experience, if they made an error, it will be fixed faster than you can complain about it. These guys are top notch! They will make it right.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
myvrodrocks said:
I can tell you from experience, if they made an error, it will be fixed faster than you can complain about it. These guys are top notch! They will make it right.
Yeah - I really expect that based on everything I have read about them. I hope no one takes this thread as me bashing Trask - the system is awesome looking and I am sure it performs just as well.

·
Premium Member
1,530 Posts
RODent said:
Wait... It does not matter. Is this how it is supposed to look on a 2007?

If so, my plenum is welded to the base backwards - it has to be because the blow off valve is towards the back of my bike! No way the airbox cover can go on like this... WTF? Help. Here is a pic of my Plenum:

View attachment 83261
I would be interested in seeing your set up once completed...

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Trask is shipping out a new one - I'll have Friday.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
nightrod81 said:
man them trask guys ROCK.. and you need a louder blow off valve LOL
Yes they do - I was a little frustrated last night; but, everything that has happened so far is really not a big deal. I sent them a nice e-mail and they replied I was fully justified in being upset. I am probably the only person that has run into issues like this... Installing the clutch tonight and did not realize I am going to need a clutch holder tool - shiet.

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
RODent said:
Yes they do - I was a little frustrated last night; but, everything that has happened so far is really not a big deal. I sent them a nice e-mail and they replied I was fully justified in being upset. I am probably the only person that has run into issues like this... Installing the clutch tonight and did not realize I am going to need a clutch holder tool - shiet.
RODent,
For some reason I don't think so,but who am I to complain:cupcake ?
Good Luck and have Fun,
Kaz.........:kaz:

·
Registered
184 Posts
RODent said:
You can do the complete clutch with out any special tools.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I am keeping stock clutch with AIM system based on feedback I received from other members regarding Barnett -vs- Stock plus mine was brand new.

Got my new Plenum today - Trask totally took care of me as expected!

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I like the new Plenum they send me - totally chromed out - looks nice... Not sure if these typically come chromed???

·
1,016 Posts
Just checked the site RODent, you can buy two versions, your original black, as well as chrome. They upgraded you for your trouble.
Very classy, didn't say shit to you trying to make you feel better via email, just sent you chrome.
Very cool

1 - 20 of 26 Posts