Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Evil Twin Cycles
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody had the same problems, it only runs on the front cyl. Pulled the plug didn't look bad, reinstalled but forgot to turn it over to see if it had compression. Ran the codes but don't have them with me now, I'll post them here after while, any help here would be nice- thanks guys

Oh ya glad to be apart of 1130cc.com:banghead:

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
The codes will help. How do you know it's front cylinder only?

The coil packs need to be checked. Make sure you have good contact with the plug on the suspect cylinder.

Welcome to the forums.

·
Evil Twin Cycles
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It will start and run and the front pipe will get hot quick and the rear cyl stays cold, i don't have the code but there was 4, two of them was something with the injectors and one was no combustion in rear cyl and the other i think was somthing about a relay open or low?

·
"A" is the only way
3,349 Posts
gsgrisso said:
Has anybody had the same problems, it only runs on the front cyl. Pulled the plug didn't look bad, reinstalled but forgot to turn it over to see if it had compression. Ran the codes but don't have them with me now, I'll post them here after while, any help here would be nice- thanks guys

Oh ya glad to be apart of 1130cc.com:banghead:

Do a search for tyson, he's in your neck of the woods, if you get him some beer I'm sure he'll help you out with trouble shooting, also vrodcustoms I'm sure will give ya a hand.

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
Do you have a fuel management device on the bike?

Lack of combustion is either no fuel, or no spark, or no air..

You need to start with the stuff that can go bad. Fuel management device, connectors to the coil pack, or injector, coil pack itself, injector itself.

If you can pull the specific codes, it will help.

RJ

·
Ray Connor
1,785 Posts
Welcome to the forum. What year, make and model do you have?
PM Tyson870. He lives close to you and may be able to help with your diagnosis. If it is under 2 years old it should have a warranty, just take it by the St. Joe Dealer.

·
Ray Connor
1,785 Posts
nic_a_bod said:
Do a search for tyson, he's in your neck of the woods, if you get him some beer I'm sure he'll help you out with trouble shooting, also vrodcustoms I'm sure will give ya a hand.
Damn you type fast. Yes I will help too, I am just about an hour awayTyson is just close. Ask him to wear his Hooters outfit over:D

·
Dilligaf
5,393 Posts
Welcome!

·
Evil Twin Cycles
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No I don't have a fuel pak installed yet, I do have one but not installed, I beleive its getting fuel cause when runs it smells so rich it stick up the garage in no time. It is only about 9 months old so it does have a warrenty but was just hoping it could be something easy and fast..

·
Lifetime Member
5,213 Posts
vrodcustoms said:
Welcome to the forum. What year, make and model do you have?
PM Tyson870. He lives close to you and may be able to help with your diagnosis. If it is under 2 years old it should have a warranty, just take it by the St. Joe Dealer.

Isn't it Tyson876?

·
Evil Twin Cycles
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh yea its 07 night rod special

·
Ray Connor
1,785 Posts
LIUNARep said:
Isn't it Tyson876?
Something like that. He answers to whatever.

Get the codes for us, but if you have truely isolated it to the rear cylinder check the easy stuff before taking the airbox assembly off. Make sure the front injector plug is secure, then coil, then plug itself. If none of those easy things come up the problem the enjoy your warranty. If you are a person who likes to work on you own bike though and keep it away from the dealer many here can respect that and will help you with whatever you need.

·
Evil Twin Cycles
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks guys

·
Evil Twin Cycles
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Got home this morning and found the codes that my bike was showing they are-p0261-p0263-p1001-p1356. Does this help..Also i have mentioned that i had a programmer but not installed, I put a two into one pipe on it about a month ago and haven,t changed the programming yet, i know this is bad but couldn,t wait to here it and ride it, i maybe only put 50 or 60 miles on it, the pipe did have the baffle in it. Also what do you guys think about leaving the pipe on it when i take it to harley????

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
Codes:

P0261 Current Front injector open/low
P0263 Current Rear injector open/low
P1001 Historic System relay coil open/low
P1356 Historic Rear cylinder no combustion

·
Evil Twin Cycles
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So what does the open/low mean???

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
gsgrisso said:
So what does the open/low mean???
Not sure - I would be checking the rear coil and making sure you have a good connection. As far as open/low on the injectors? Dunno. I'm not that smart - I would just check all wiring from the battery connections on back.

·
Evil Twin Cycles
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Cool thanks.......................

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
Oh - and yeah, I think I would restore the exhaust to stock before taking it in, if it gets to that point. An argument could be made you ran it lean and if they were to start to look for a cause...

Ask Tyson or someone local - St Joes may not have a problem with aftermarket exhausts. I stopped by there when in KC - seemed like a good bunch.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts