Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i finished getting my bike tuned this week on a dyno after having a set of stage 2 cams, tab non baffled slash cuts and a power commander III fitted, and on my way home tonight i noticed there was a hole around 10mm diameter in the back of the front header pipe and approx 3 30-40mm cracks coming from the area also. to be honest im a bit pissed off because ive taken the weekend off work to try out the new mods and its going to be sitting in the garage now. has anyone ever had this happen to them its a 2007 vrscdx with stock headers. even though my slash cuts are only a dyno run old im thinking i might be better off going with a full system instead. can anyone recommend anything?

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
believe I have a spare set of head pipes in the garage if you're interested

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the headers are heat wrapped so i dont know if maybe they were holding too much heat? it spent a little time on the dyno that same day but didnt happen untill my 5min ride home from work around 9hours later! im going to run with the v+h indy i think, might get me a couple of extra hp too

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
many have reported similar issues with wrapped headers & exhaust. General consensus is that the wrap holds in extra moisture which causes the premature failure.

·
Registered
220 Posts
This is true, especially with stainless steel. On cars you don't wrap to the very bottom, because it can get splashed, holds moisture then cracks.

Have you thought about ceramic coating them?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts