Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Yeah, but what if...
4,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fender baseplate kit for the V-Rod is about USD90 on the HD site.

My dealer wants AUD260

WTF Is with that mate?

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Karl is it not possible for you to purchase items from the US direct?

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Val make sure to open the packages and put a bolt in the items and then repackage them. Then in customs you can claim them as used and half value. :)

Max

·
Registered
10,065 Posts
Karl has the Stealer got them in stock? Its a wonder if they have!! The main Importer here in Sydney (Frazers) Has SFA in stock ! I may have to go the same way and Buy overseas :) How does $24.00 sound for a Oil Filter? Daylight robbery i say!

·
G'Day mate
175 Posts
Guys,

Get used to it...buying anything HD in Oz is the equivilant of being ripped. With only three importing dealers (Morgan & Wacker, Frasers and Peter Stevens) they have the market sown up and charge what they like.

I leant a while ago that if you can put up with the delay, it's worthwhile using a reputable dealer/supplier in the States and hoping it slips thru Customs without any Tax. I've ordered a fair bit of stuff from the U.S. over the years for my Evo and probably 50% of the time not paid any import duty or GST.

Stuff like oil filters and other consumables, i go aftermarket...

Smasha

·
Banned
3,228 Posts
Karl Scott said:
Fender baseplate kit for the V-Rod is about USD90 on the HD site.

My dealer wants AUD260

WTF Is with that mate?

They're about as much in the UK. What you need to do is go visit a friend in the US and take extra luggage with you.:D

·
Petrolhead
414 Posts
Yep, I've just been quoted £153.00 (US$275.00)for the 200 Metz supply only and £168.00 (US$301.00) for the 200 Avon !!

Anyone in UK done better??

·
Yeah, but what if...
4,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I will only be ordering from the US now, that's a joke. I bought the Custom seat in the group buy, and even if I get nailed at customs, it will still be significantly cheaper.

Val, thanks for the offer.

With the extra stuff I put on my bike at purchase, I should have bought it bog stock, and flown to the US luggage free, bought it there, and come home with it in nice new suitcases! Would have been about the same. (I know it's not that easy, but sheee-IT).

Robyy, they did have a couple in stock apparently. They can bloody stay in stock.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Got a heap of German Goodies through Eurocomponents,USA.Got a phone call from Aus customs telling me they want a cheque for 10% more, of the value listed on the box before I recieve it!!.Make sure the people sending, mark the correct wording in the description box, for Your ,monetary benefit!!! Cheers Neil.

·
Biker Pilot
1,104 Posts
Karl - do you know any American military riders over there? If so, they probably have an APO shipping address. Shipping to an APO address costs no more than shipping inside the US.

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
When does customs check the goods.Going out of the US or into Australia.Reason I ask is I've air mailed to Australia and the UK and we weren't questioned in the US.

Elrod on the V-Rod

·
Yeah, but what if...
4,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Customs here may pick it up as I understand things

1 - 15 of 15 Posts