Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it really blew my mind. this bike is by far the best designed scoot harley has ever come up with. BUT... the dipstick is BLACK plastic!!! how the heck can you see it. i cant. i know, i know im being picky but....BLACK plastic?!?!?! now i use synthetic and really cant see it. but....i finally had had enough. for 19 bucks i bought the chrome dip stick. voila!!!!! now i can see my readings. yea.! why do i go on about such a small defect. i dont know. part of being american. i should sue somehow but nahh. anyway im delighted with the results of this simple change:soapbox: :soapbox:

·
Premium Member
11,366 Posts
You are supposed to check the oil level while the engine is hot. I suspect, although I could be wrong, that is why it is plastic instead of metal. Plastic won't singe your fingers like metal will.

·
Greg/Moderator
18,951 Posts
RustyG said:
You are supposed to check the oil level while the engine is hot. I suspect, although I could be wrong, that is why it is plastic instead of metal. Plastic won't singe your fingers like metal will.
I check it in the morning before I ride.

·
boredom kills
2,324 Posts
How about a glass window on the engine case somewhere see you can visually inspect your oil level by just looking at the motor before you get on the bike:eek:

·
Premium Member
11,366 Posts
Ernie82 said:
How about a glass window on the engine case somewhere see you can visually inspect your oil level by just looking at the motor before you get on the bike:eek:
That would be nice.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts