Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone is interested in black stainless fasteners for their 07 and up black based bikes. I have wrapped up the first order for complete sets and worked out all the details and pricing. It was definitely a process getting everything figured out and right. Missed a few items along the way and had to order more and coat more.

There are already engine kits available from others but they are not really black. More of a greenish black look which does not look good. These kits will cover most all exterior fasteners that are common type fasteners. I have not done anything with special brake line fittings and such. I also am not doing case half bolts as I don't believe most will be wanting to swap those out.

Can do shock bolts either standard or extended versions when using air suspension and other accessories such as some side plate mount lower shock mounts which require longer bolts. This will need to be specified when buying any of the frame kits and I will attempt to have stock of various sizes to suit different applications.

These stainless steel black oxided bolts would have both the advantage of being corrosion resistant and a black finish to compliment your bike if that is what you are going for.

This is for an almost complete blacked out solution for your bike in a corrosion resistant finish that doesn't require much upkeep and/or constant recoating by primitive methods (paint brush and model paint) as some have done in the past. (You know who you are!)

I have a full time 12 hr a day job and this is just something I am doing on the side to help anyone out with these black fasteners. I am not going to be stock piling thousands of dollars of fasteners without orders to be stuck with. It is too costly to do runs of individual kits as well one at a time. I need to run a minimum of 10 kits to make the process economical.

Motor Package $85.00 ea plus actual shipping charges and any taxes/duties imposed at your end.
(Includes all these fasteners and more: covers, coil, sensors, shifter, horn, starter, throttle body mount, front engine mounts, stabilizer, ground bolts and head plug bolts.)

Frame Package $140.00 ea plus actual shipping charges and any taxes/duties imposed at your end.
(Includes all these fasteners and more: Frame covers, radiator and cover, stock exhaust, footrests, frame rail, front fork lower and upper, handle bar and switches, brake and clutch, headlamp, fuel tank, gauge cluster, brake switch, rear caliper standard bolts, rear shocks, sprocket cover, belt guard and voltage regulator bolts)

Specialty Package $185.00 ea plus actual shipping charges and any taxes/duties imposed at your end.
(Includes all these fasteners: Front and rear rotor bolts, front and rear caliper half bolts, front caliper mounts.)

Optional Item $18.00 ea plus actual shipping charges and any taxes/duties imposed at your end.
(Includes: Rear caliper mount 12pt bolts. Add onto the specialty package.)

Full package $375.00 ea plus actual shipping charges and any taxes/duties imposed at your end. This is a $35 savings over the 3 main packages separately and I will add in the rear caliper mount 12 pt bolts for no charge for a $53 overall savings.
(This package includes all the items in the other packages: Motor, frame, specialty and optional rear caliper mount.)

Please see the sample pics to know what the finish looks like and PM me if there is interest. I require a 25% deposit to reserve your kit and to make sure that people don’t back out after I have purchased all the materials.

Turn around will be approximately 3 weeks once enough orders have been placed.

You can pm me or post up if you have questions or are interested.

Here are some sample photos of the bolt kits installed on my bike. As soon as I get it back, I will post some more out in natural light.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I'm interested, I have some custom length bolts for suspension. What warranty of finish do you offer. Say they chip on installation, removal.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The custom lengths are not a problem for the rear shocks. Just need to know how long you need.

The finish won't "chip". I suggest using new allen wrenches and not ones that are well worn so you have good contact in the sockets as well as 6 point sockets on nuts or bolts rather than 12 point. I have installed and removed many of my fasteners repeatedly with no issues with the finish.

·
Molon Labe
169 Posts
I have a set of these and the finish is great. I dont see having any issues with the finish

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No problem. I do still offer the kits. I currently only have the full kits that cover most every fastener you can see on the bike.

I have them listed on FB if you are on there with a bunch of information. If you are, search v-rod custom bolts.

Full kit is $400.00 USD shipped in the continental US.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts