Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 150 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the market for a set of black spoked wheels ASAP. Just got back from picking up my bike at the dealer for my 1000 mile service and they pointed out that my front wheel was bent.

I hit a HUGE pothole about 6 weeks back and never noticed a problem. ALthough I have been riding with it like that since then, I don't want to take any chances.

I am looking to purchase within the next week or so.

Thanks.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The more I look at the wheel, the more I'd like to find a solution asap.

Odd thing -- seems that rear wheels are much easier to come across than front wheels.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Have you looked at the new wheels on the 2008 D? They are black and should fit. I believe they sell for about $277 each.

Just an idea,

Jim

·
REVOLUTION !!!
21,426 Posts
v-rodder said:
Have you looked at the new wheels on the 2008 D? They are black and should fit. I believe they sell for about $277 each.

Jim
Are you sure ?? That doesn't sound right.. That would be a hell of a deal for a nice looking wheel. Now if they just made that rear wheel in a 240 size :dance:

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I called a couple dealerships and was told that the ABS option for 08 models may affect whether they fit on previous year models. I asked to go ahead and get part #'s and they both indicated that they have not rec'd the catalogs with stock part information for 08 models. I imagine this would also definitevly answer the question of whether they would fit.

Now, anyone know of a dealership that might actually have the info?

·
Registered
618 Posts
Well I went to HD's website and checked out the Reactor 5-spoke wheels. It states the following"

19" Front

Fits '02-later VRSC™ models (except models equipped with ABS brakes). Requires separate purchase of model-specific Wheel Installation Kit. '07 VRSCX, '08 VRSCAW Anniversary models, and other models equipped with laced front wheels also require additional purchase of (2) Front Brake Rotors P/N 44553-06A.

and

18" Rear

Fits '02-later VSRC models (except '07-later models with 240 rear tire). Requires separate purchase of model-specific Wheel Installation Kit.

So if these wheels fit a 2002 V-rod and a 2008 D model (non ABS), then why wouldn't the '08 D models wheels fit a '02? Notice it says "equipped with ABS" and not '02 thru '07. So pre- '08 wheels according to this info will fit a '08 without ABS.

Ride safe,

Jim

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I called Harely Customer Svc and verified that the 08 5 spoke mags wil in fact fit my 06 model. The only difference is the bearings -- you have to order the 06 bearings rather than 08 (because the axle is different).

I placed the order and will confirm once I get them and have them installed.
A huge thanks for the suggestion!!! The wheels do in fact retail for $276!!!

·
Registered
618 Posts
Thank you... Thank you...

If you order them from Chicago HD you also get 20% off.

When can I expect my Christmas card?

Jim

·
VRF0RUMS ORIGINAL
5,763 Posts
texasnightrider said:
I called Harely Customer Svc and verified that the 08 5 spoke mags wil in fact fit my 06 model. The only difference is the bearings -- you have to order the 06 bearings rather than 08 (because the axle is different).

I placed the order and will confirm once I get them and have them installed.
A huge thanks for the suggestion!!! The wheels do in fact retail for $276!!!
Are these the wheels of which you speak? If they are, awsome deal!:thumb:

Attachments

·
Registered
618 Posts
Those be the ones. HD finally came out with some decent stock rims on a V-rod. Only took them 7 model years to do it!

Jim

·
REVOLUTION !!!
21,426 Posts
v-rodder said:
Those be the ones. HD finally came out with some decent stock rims on a V-rod. Only took them 7 model years to do it!

Jim
Those are nice ... Can't wait to see them in person. Wonder what they would look like CHROMED ...

·
VRF0RUMS ORIGINAL
5,763 Posts
Anyone have a part # for these wheels? Hate to go to a stealer or H-D with out part numbers. :) Thanks v-rodder and texasnightrider for the idea!

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yep, and I did order from chicago harley -- 20% discount + no taxes turns out to be about the same cost to replace my stock slotted wheel (total was just under $550 which includes the bearings). And, these are much nicer!

Jim -- I'll look you up next time I'm in Mechanicsvile!!

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yes, I have them....

front wheel = 43380-08
rear wheel = 43509-08

I don't seem to have captured the part # for the bearings but that may vary by year. Cost for each wheel at Chicago Harley = $220. Amazing, huh!!

·
VRF0RUMS ORIGINAL
5,763 Posts
Awsome.:thumb: Thanks!:D

1 - 20 of 150 Posts