Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I picked up my Night Rod (2011) today. It's my first Harley and after riding it back from the Orlando dealer (200 miles) it's everything I expected and more. Need some advise on a few things?
Dealer installed V&H comp pipes but they are dragging when Cornering. Any way to raise em up a bit?
Also looking for options to replace foot and hand controls. Gotta go black

·
Registered
962 Posts
VH comp exhaust = it drags ! i have to have my shocks adjusted up max but it still drags ! there is a post on here for this exhaust and once again it drags !

levers= just sent a rely to a post on this subject , had my hand and foot levers powder coated over a year ago really cheap mod !

enjoy ya bike !

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man.
My only concern with powder is the extra thickness where the levers fit and wear spots on foot controls. How long ago did you had yours done?
May be better to strip my originals and black anodize them.

·
Registered
962 Posts
think you are worring to much ! mine are perfect still and the levers so no sign of wear in 10k !

all you need do is lightly sand the inner holes where there pivot shafts slide into to remove any overspray and apply a little grease.

with the hand levers just ask that they do not coat the inner part , my coater who does car wheels did this and again i just lightly sanded this section and greased to ensure.

with the foot levers , you need to remove the nylon bush , which is easy with a socket and tap out, again just make sure these machine surfaces are free from powder coat and grease.

i have had no problems at all and with all the heavy use there perfect , and as i say the coater had never done levers before , and car wheels !

·
Registered
878 Posts
There is a way to raise the pipe a little. I believe you turn the front pipe some and it pivots the whole thing.

·
Banned
4,421 Posts
sounds like it's the newer version of the INDY, should have been installed with the bracket. mine doesn't scrape as much with the bracket...invest in an air ride system, you can raise it above stock height & you have a better lean angle on turns...and it's a little better than stock ride. i personally think the INDY is the best sounding & looking pipe for the dx & black F V-RODS.

·
Registered
962 Posts
There is a way to raise the pipe a little. I believe you turn the front pipe some and it pivots the whole thing.
yes you are correct this does work , but i did not mention it as he has just had it fitted and the later pipe comes with mounting bracket for megaphone bit , and this is not adjustable from what i can see , so raising the ride height is the only way !

i put up with it dragging, as i love the pipe its style and sound ! and i scrapped the OE heat sheilds so thought WTF ! might as well go for the VH ! unless you want up swept pipes ?? which i don't !

·
Banned
4,421 Posts
installing with the bracket does raise it a little & of course air ride won't hurt but in the wallet.

·
Registered
878 Posts
yep good point. I dont have a problem with mine scraping but where i live almost every street is flat as a board so except for in a couple turns, im fine.

Sometimes i get a little scapage when my girlfriend gets her big ass on the back :moon:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the input. I took a look and the bracket is on the megaphone. So I dont see a way to move em up. What's the damage for an air ride set up?

·
Banned
4,421 Posts
might be a group buy going on for apprx. 850ish.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Is this the Arnott system? Just looked it up on line and it lists for $1100. $850 sounds like a good price.
Know anyone who has it installed?

·
Can U See me now
1,672 Posts
LOVE my Competition pipes, and love the Arnotts. Wow

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
location is eveything

Thinking about getting a locator added to my bike, either "MC locate" or "Lojack".
Anyone have it installed? How much and which would you recommend?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts