Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey gang,
Dropped my bike this morning..(moment of silence).. Fortunately the bike-gods were watching over me and the only damage was to my clutch lever and left grip. The lever still works but has about 2 inches broken off and bent about 45 degrees out of true. Needless to say that it remains functional, but uncomfortable. As such, I guess I'll have to accelerate my plans to replace the levers with something black. I am having problems with the forum search feature, so I want to just ask the group here, does anyone have any levers they'd recommend. I think I'd like something a bit different than just black stock levers (but at the same time don't want to blow my meager budget).
Thanks
p.s. Use caution when parking nose down on a slight downhill driveway:banghead:

·
Registered
597 Posts
I agree, use the harley black levers. I have them as well. The part number is #42275-07. There is another part number with the last two numbers are 06, do not use those, they will not work. The clutch lever isn't right where it rolls over the clutch switch and it will not let you start the bike in gear(even with the clutch pulled in) and it will cause your security light to come on. The kit with number #42275-07 is the one you want.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I just replaced mine with black levers last week. Got them from the dealer for $89 (pretty sure that was the price). They match the DX better than the aluminum ones. Easy to install also, a do it yourself item. Good luck.

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
Tyson powder coats parts and has most stuff in stock,The levers on my X were less than half of Harley's price with a good quality finish.

Elrod on the V-Rod

·
matt blk & fire hot
1,569 Posts
ElrodontheV-Rod said:
Tyson powder coats parts and has most stuff in stock,The levers on my X were less than half of Harley's price with a good quality finish.
How about a web link?
to Tyson's site.

·
VRSCD's Rule!
4,160 Posts
I would be interested in this for both my clutch/brake lever and my grips.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Hey, did you decide to go with the black levers yet? Which ones did you get?

I got the black levers from the HD dealer... I forget the part number, but they were very easy to install IF you have the needle-nose-pliers for engaging the "C" clamp...

Anyway, if its gonna be a while, I'd be happy to send you my old silver one as a "loaner"... I know, I'm anal retentive, I just dont want to give it up permanently lest I need for some oddball reason in future.

But anyway, if you want to use right now, I'll send it to you "free of charge and shipping"... just send it back to me after you get your black ones.

Mark

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Mark Ducati said:
Hey, did you decide to go with the black levers yet? Which ones did you get?

I got the black levers from the HD dealer... I forget the part number, but they were very easy to install IF you have the needle-nose-pliers for engaging the "C" clamp...

Anyway, if its gonna be a while, I'd be happy to send you my old silver one as a "loaner"... I know, I'm anal retentive, I just dont want to give it up permanently lest I need for some oddball reason in future.

But anyway, if you want to use right now, I'll send it to you "free of charge and shipping"... just send it back to me after you get your black ones.

Mark
Mark, Thanks for the offer. I really appreciate that. Nice to see there are still decent people in the world...... If the clutch didn't work at all, I'd definately take you up on that. Since I have a bit of time, though, I will wait for the black. As for the HD ones, I tried to get them from discountbiker.com, where I've found decent deals on HD parts before but they came back and said that the -07 part number was "obsolete and unavailable"(?????). So looks like I'll be paying full price from a HD online place. Oh, well.

·
jus cruizin
1,879 Posts
Runk-Rod said:
Mark, Thanks for the offer. I really appreciate that. Nice to see there are still decent people in the world...... If the clutch didn't work at all, I'd definately take you up on that. Since I have a bit of time, though, I will wait for the black. As for the HD ones, I tried to get them from discountbiker.com, where I've found decent deals on HD parts before but they came back and said that the -07 part number was "obsolete and unavailable"(?????). So looks like I'll be paying full price from a HD online place. Oh, well.
Zanotti's online.....always 20% off.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts