Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So went to the dealership today to pick $1700 worth of parts and they tell me, well the grips WE helped you pick out came back discontinued. Seriously, are all parts guys this ignorant? Some comes into your store where you get paid commission, and spends twice as much money as they should, and you don't have the courtesy to call them and let them know there is a problem with their order? Now generally I wouldn't be that upset but I was pretty excited about my new grips and now I have to wait another effin week to get them, and thats only after I find a new set of grips. Which brings me to my real issue, anyone here know of any flashy ALL BLACK grips available....any help once again is greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.

·
Banned
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks mmc100, I checked them out but they dont seem to have much selection at all, not quite the look I'm going for....

·
Banned
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Banned
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've heard some pretty bad horror stories when going with anodized grips, anyone know how bad they vibrate on the V ROD?

·
Lifetime Member
5,212 Posts
I have chrome grips on mine, check out my gallery. Not much vibration but with my drag bars I lean more forward and the palms do get a little sore after several miles. Gel padded palms on the gloves fixed that.

·
Banned
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think I may have to compromise which I dont want to do, I hate wearing gloves, it makes me feel farther away from my bike, its kinda like feeling up the girlfriend, its one thing to get a quick grab and feel the cloth between you and her, but a whole new feeling once you get a feel of the nipple.....god I hate the dealership right now.

·
Lifetime Member
5,212 Posts
dschminkey said:
I think I may have to compromise which I dont want to do, I hate wearing gloves, it makes me feel farther away from my bike, its kinda like feeling up the girlfriend, its one thing to get a quick grab and feel the cloth between you and her, but a whole new feeling once you get a feel of the nipple.....god I hate the dealership right now.
Wow, well spoken. I may have to change grips and ditch the gloves, never though of it quite that way. But then again the wife makes me wear gloves before I touch her anyway. :angeldev:

·
fire up !
700 Posts
dschminkey said:
are you sure you also saw these PM's ? i've seen these on a DX and they are the works and with the integrated rubber it's the closest thing to get a feel of the nipple :D some members have them, too bad i can't use them since i run Kellermanns good luck with your search and when you do find some be sure to post some pics ?
ps : Rizoma has some nice black ones too but dealer says they won't fit the HD handlebar (diam. issue)
grtz

Attachments

·
Safe and sound
4,589 Posts
Roadhog said:
are you sure you also saw these PM's ? i've seen these on a DX and they are the works and with the integrated rubber it's the closest thing to get a feel of the nipple :D some members have them, too bad i can't use them since i run Kellermanns good luck with your search and when you do find some be sure to post some pics ?
ps : Rizoma has some nice black ones too but dealer says they won't fit the HD handlebar (diam. issue)
grtz
I just ordered a set of those black PM grips from HogPro today. I haven't heard anything bad about them.

·
Registered
161 Posts
dschminkey said:
I only wear gloves when it's cold.
I'll never look at my bike the same way again...... :D

·
EVL-1
257 Posts
The PM`s are truly great! I used them on a Custom-build FXR here earlier, just ordered a pair for my DX now.

·
Kicking cancer's ass
969 Posts
Performance Machine all the way, with or without gloves.

·
knit whit
1,413 Posts
:thumb: Yep. Same ones I have.

·
SpeedoDocter
2,364 Posts
I have a chrome fetisch,but those look nice DFinch !!!

my dealer (not holy,but somtimes he has som good points) bewareds me for chromed or anodized ones if i rode most of the time barehand ,it would damage cause of the sweat

for those who not ride barehand,don't try it !! you will never put them on again in summer...

·
Kicking cancer's ass
969 Posts
ANNIEZZ said:
I have a chrome fetisch,but those look nice DFinch !!!

No chrome is allowed on my bike. :)

·
SpeedoDocter
2,364 Posts
Yeah :sinister:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts