Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
drag racer
6,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i wanted black front axle covers for the bike and since you can't buy them at a dealership, i played mcgyver. i went to home depot, and for 75 cents i got two 3/4 inch pvc caps custom made them to fit (left side fit great, right side had to be dremeled .045 rough estimate) this is what i got?

Attachments

·
Registered
284 Posts
only way to get it right is mo9d yourself. looks good. iride with manolo, wait until u see his mod on the front axle covers. oyeah mr harley sees that and he is going to say it was not h/d approved.

·
Part-time mod
10,859 Posts
Nice one, McGyver!

·
Registered
911 Posts
...and I thought I was the King of Cheap.

I really admire the ingenuity of a lot of people on this site, but I can't get behind PVC on my scooter. I had to draw the line at using Walmart shopping bags and duct tape in place of saddlebags.

·
Army spark jockey
3,091 Posts
did you have to use metric pvc or standard pvc?

·
drag racer
6,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
powergod said:
did you have to use metric pvc or standard pvc?

uh.....i dont know, prolly metric it said made in japan.

·
1 Person Biker Gang
287 Posts
Beats the painting the chrome HD axle covers. The chrome HD ones weigh about five pounds each! I don't know what they are made of, but they are ridiculous how heavy they are.

·
drag racer
6,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i will be buying a few more of these and put them in the lathe to make them a little shorter, about .250 also i'll flaten the rounded end to a flat surface with a little bevel and see where that gets me.this first set i think are a little bold and should be trimed down. but for a dollar and a little work the finished product should look good with the black lowers i'm powder coating.

·
Not Dead Yet
1,172 Posts
2oo6niterod said:
i wanted black front axle covers for the bike and since you can't buy them at a dealership, i played mcgyver. i went to home depot, and for 75 cents i got two 3/4 inch pvc caps custom made them to fit (left side fit great, right side had to be dremeled .045 rough estimate) this is what i got?
Put'em in plastic and sell'em on e-bay for $100.:laugh:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts