Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a black non-LED sidemount that has holes for both vertical and horizontal mounting. It has a countersink for the shock bolt (you will still need one that is at least 1/4" longer than stock). It also uses all stainless steel bolts. I have this ready to go so it will ship instantly.

Here are some pics:

Since I have had this laying around I will let this go for only $85!

-Keith

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is still available. Knucklehead took a vertical one.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was packing up knuckleheads and noticed that this one has a slight scratch on it. So I am sending this out for powder on monday which means I couldn't ship immediately. Probably end of the week...

-Keith

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Have any pictures of the horizontal holder
Regretfully I don't. I don't sell too many horizontal ones and haven't got any pics from my customers. It has exactly the same inset as the vertical one pictured. The one I have done can be either vertical or horizontal.

-keith

·
The Big Bad Wolf
301 Posts
Do you know if this is compatible with the rear axle covers sold by HD?

·
Registered
252 Posts
Wofman... no need to worry... I have my vertical sidemount installed with Harley axle cover. Everything fits nicely except two minor issue. This has nothing to do with the sidemount. Quality on the mount is top notch and I would recommend to anyone who want one. My plate was about 1/4 inch wider than the mount and the top right corner was rubbing against upper belt cover. Second issue I had was the led bolt I was using to light up my plate was right up against the axle cover when I had the plate perpendicular to the floor. Again these were minor and both issued can be solved by simply tilting the mount forward till it parallel the shock. Hope this was clear. Sorry I can't show you pix... My rear end is taken apart for winter mods..

·
The Big Bad Wolf
301 Posts
Great info. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That's one thing I always forget to say is that the plate is as small as I could make it. This means that usually you will have to trim the outside edges to fit nicely.

-Keith

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have a black non-LED sidemount that has holes for both vertical and horizontal mounting. It has a countersink for the shock bolt (you will still need one that is at least 1/4" longer than stock). It also uses all stainless steel bolts. I have this ready to go so it will ship instantly.

Here are some pics:

Since I have had this laying around I will let this go for only $85!

-Keith
Im interested iin the horizontal plate. Can't really tell in the picture but does this unit light up the plate?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Im interested iin the horizontal plate. Can't really tell in the picture but does this unit light up the plate?
Thanks
This version does not. I have an LED version but it is $135 shipped. It it just as flat as this version but has a little bump out.

(sorry black doesn't photo well). I can cut these whenever.

Thanks - Keith

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
1 - 17 of 17 Posts