Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
been a long time since I've played with the TTS...and want to pick it up again.
Is the new software (Master tune 2) compatible with the black box or do I need to find a copy of the earlier version?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
Hey all,
been a long time since I've played with the TTS...and want to pick it up again.
Is the new software (Master tune 2) compatible with the black box or do I need to find a copy of the earlier version?

Thanks
Probably. I only use mine in Datamaster now and the other day I had Datamaster2 and it worked fine. Keep in mind, cals for v rod are MT7 so the black J1850 VCI should be fine using the Mastertune2 update. Being MT7 cals there's no extra demands from the VCI. For the later cals, I've used it on MT8 cals and it was also fine. Worst part of the black one is the need to hook up to a lap or whatever to collect data unlike the later green and blue that can log with just the VCI connected. That's mainly the reason I went PV instead of getting a later version TTS dongle. That and Cole being too lazy to develop at least MT8 cals for the v rod and PV cals having some of those, I made the switch. In the updater program at the top there is legacy files. You will need to use Vtune2, not Vtune3
Ron

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Probably. I only use mine in Datamaster now and the other day I had Datamaster2 and it worked fine. Keep in mind, cals for v rod are MT7 so the black J1850 VCI should be fine using the Mastertune2 update. Being MT7 cals there's no extra demands from the VCI. For the later cals, I've used it on MT8 cals and it was also fine. Worst part of the black one is the need to hook up to a lap or whatever to collect data unlike the later green and blue that can log with just the VCI connected. That's mainly the reason I went PV instead of getting a later version TTS dongle. That and Cole being too lazy to develop at least MT8 cals for the v rod and PV cals having some of those, I made the switch. In the updater program at the top there is legacy files. You will need to use Vtune2, not Vtune3
Ron
Thanks very much for the detailed reply Ron.
I’ll hook the bike up and see how I go.
Howard

1 - 3 of 3 Posts