Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Nate
3,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen a few black A Risers on some forum members bikes. (See pic) Where are these from? Are they custom painted? Oh and and if someone has one for sale lemme know.

Attachments

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
I have one. "Loaned" it to CaptClose, and he had a run in with a cattle guard. It was powdercoated gloss black. Easy enough to do, and inexpensive too. CaptClose went chrome. He said the black one was bad luck, so he gave it back to me. I've meant to ask him what he meant with that jesture, but I guess I already know. ;)

RJ

·
Don't think, ride.
752 Posts
Nate552 said:
I've seen a few black A Risers on some forum members bikes. (See pic) Where are these from? Are they custom painted? Oh and and if someone has one for sale lemme know.
I think they are on the Harley website listed for the old B model. Forgive my ignorance but what do risers do? Just raise the handlebars up some?

·
Nate
3,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The A "Riser" is really just a cover as the handlebar has the riser welded onto it for the VRSCA models. I'd send it out to Tyson, but I don't want to the down time so I was hoping to just score one.

·
Ryan
4,192 Posts
rjrivero said:
I have one. "Loaned" it to CaptClose, and he had a run in with a cattle guard. It was powdercoated gloss black. Easy enough to do, and inexpensive too. CaptClose went chrome. He said the black one was bad luck, so he gave it back to me. I've meant to ask him what he meant with that jesture, but I guess I already know. ;)

RJ
Actually RJ, didn't we swap? I'm using your old silver clamshell now. Hopefully I have better luck with this one. :stilpoke:

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
CaptClose said:
Actually RJ, didn't we swap? I'm using your old silver clamshell now. Hopefully I have better luck with this one. :stilpoke:
:laugh: I can't keep up anymore. I know half of my parts are on your bike!! :stilpoke:

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
Nate552 said:
Looking to clear some space in your garage? :D
I won't be home until the end of the weekend. I will let you know if I have it then.

Standby.

RJ

·
Nate
3,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Awesome. I'll be in Ohio all next week (flying in to Cleveland on Sun 15th) so if you have it I could swing by. I'll be in Wooster the rest of the week.

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
Nate552 said:
Awesome. I'll be in Ohio all next week (flying in to Cleveland on Sun 15th) so if you have it I could swing by. I'll be in Wooster the rest of the week.
I'm so sorry about your luck.

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
i think the black looks good, but with e a style clamshell the chrome looks great in person!

If you wanted to go with a black one you should look into a d riser, it will open you up for alot more options with bars too!

·
Nate
3,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
VenomousSVT said:
i think the black looks good, but with e a style clamshell the chrome looks great in person!

If you wanted to go with a black one you should look into a d riser, it will open you up for alot more options with bars too!
Well, I've debated doing a B riser for drag bar options, but I really like the bar set up I have and I think the A riser looks more "finished." Also, I don't have real long arms so an A riser length fits me. I could chrome it, but I want a little more black on my bike to compliment the black on the airbox cover and rear fender. Yeah thats right Lux, more paint :stilpoke:

·
Chrome is king!!!
20,269 Posts
I just saw the new 015th AW at my local dealer. It has a black riser on it, so I'm sure you can get it from the MOCO now if you want to.

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
Vrod-Mike said:
I just saw the new 015th AW at my local dealer. It has a black riser on it, so I'm sure you can get it from the MOCO now if you want to.
word! good to hear

·
Scott
492 Posts
Vrod-Mike said:
I've got a number of inquiries out for the Black clamshell part number. Once I know...you'll know. Otherwise those who have them now are custom painted.

·
2" of dangling death
10,933 Posts
i can have them ready it about 2 weeks, powder coated any color you want for 80.00 shipped.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts