Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
brett
9,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i pulled the trigger on this bad boy and i got it today in the mail today and all i can say is WOW ,yes its a lot of money for seat ,but now ive seen it, sat on it and checked it out real close ,i say it was worth every cent ,, heres my personel review on it ,

dealing with the blake from bitchn was easy , had all the answers i needed responded with in 1 day ,and never made me feel like i was being painful which at first i bet i was, putting him through the grinder ,on why should i part with so much money for a seat ,well in the end he had all the answers and i was sold so ordered up , this seat that had better massage my ass and cup my nuts,well i gotta tell u ,i sat on it on the ground tonight and i tell u what, i reckon its gunna do it ,man oh man it is nice to sit on, u sort of sink into the foam it is SENSATIONAL and i cant wait to go for a ride ,its been made for my weight and height and with my inseam measurements, im betting its gunna be great to ride on, for me this seat would have been cheaper if i had have just bought it a year ago ,but NO i had to buy and shipp a dx seat over here 200 ,then changed my mind and got the original one re worked ,and covered in leather 600 dollars but changed my bars to rizomas ,so that seat was no good anymore , got a stock seat given to me but had to pay for shipping another 100 go it covered for 200 but the leather man screwed up and over stretched the seat pan pulling leather too tight ,oh did i mention at first i bought a brand new sundowner and pillion ,more money ,thank god i didnt waste more money on the cafe hopping cc seat ,that may or may not have fitted ive spent many many dollars on my bike and a few more are going into the motor , so i say screw it, my ass is gunna get some special treatment, cos in my mind no point having a great bike if the ride is harsh on ur bum and u dont want to be on it for more than 1 hour at a time,anyway at the end of it im pretty impressed with whole thing ,woul i personally recomend a bitchn 1 piece seat YES I WOULD if you can afford it ,

down side was the box was 7 inches too long for usps and they wouldnt except it and had to go usp ,well thats a whole lot more expsensive let me tell you ,like 149 dollars more exspensive but hey down here we dont have much of a choice and i also got hit with duty for 200 dollars cos it was over the 1000 threshhold

,more pics of the seat on the bike tommorrow

but for now heres some of the seat as i got it today

1, cool box with the stenciled logo and a bitchn tshirt

2 something i didnt know before i looked into this seat was ,it comes with its own cover for all the gear up back under the rear ,and the quality of the finish believe it or not is almost paintable , ive seen worse finishes on airboxes

3 i dont know why yet but in sure i will when i put it on the bike but as u can see around the sides and the back is nicely edged in soft leather ,

4 mounting hardware replace the bolts with lower profile bolts and counter sunk washers to let the bolts sit down nice and flush the bigger bolty thing is for the plug at the rear of the seat to hold it in place ,now we know where cc seats got there idea for their fix ,lol

5,6 under the seat around the edges the leaher is trimmed and pressed in beautifully and a nice felt lining with a very solid mounting plate

7 i got the perferated leather and smooth at the back for contrast ,it looks awesome

8,9 ,just showing the shape and finish

9 and this cover thing fits very nice and snug in there

Attachments

·
FATASSDX
2,143 Posts
The quality looks outstanding. I keep thinking about getting one of these but every time I do I start thinking that I might want to change up my rear fender....

Post some pics when you get it on the bike.

·
brett
9,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its way better than i thought it would be , i cannot fault it and i have very high expectations, i feel i got what i paid for no problems at all ,but i swear u gotta sit on one , omg its so good its unbelievable ,compared to anything else, ive had or sat on,now it just comes down to fitment ,and the guys at bitchn actually took it to a open day at the local h,d shop and fitted it to an 07AW to make sure it fit perfect for me before the shipped to australia ,now that personal and good service

·
Registered
138 Posts
Hey Brett great write up. Thanks also for the replys to my PM's. So after this I have no excuse not to order one for my DX. Thanks and enjoy your new seat!!

·
brett
9,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sorry no pics with the seat on the bike tonight ,bit slow and there is a little stuffin around with relocating some wiring and the fuse block,,which is straight forward enough and is shown in the diagrams ,i just have a little more under there, that needed to be moved ,like a alarm modual ,which i am trying to move so i can get access to my tmax through a hole i plan on putting in the cover and when not in use pluggn it,a load equalizer and a small mess of wiring for the doc light with pass through connectors and the vegas modual, me being me is just doing it slowly and hopefully the best way ,tell u what ,that little cover section is going to make it very neat and clean looking ,and the test fit of the seat is good, maybe 1 mm up in the tail but that may be cos its not all locked down yet,one more night and we will know,

also will snap a pic of the cover ,what a great job ,on it fits perfect even though there isnt a spre bit of spce left in therre ,lol. and even has a lip in the back for the wiring to go under and into where it has to with out rubbing or being squished that i never noticed till i put it on ,

·
Darren
2,007 Posts
I have one on mine, and Brett is right. The quality is top notch.

·
brett
9,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hey dd ,the softness on ur butt is awesome aint it ,hard to describe,just very nice to seat on and the shape no more wriggle butt and sliding around repositioning urself every 5 minutes, it almost holds me in the one spot, once i get comftable

·
brett
9,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok ive hit a snag ,and the back doesnt line up exactly therefore not sitting down flush ,ive emailed them ,and got a prompt response asking for a phone number and to organise a time conveiniant to me to ring late or early they dont care they just want to exsplain what i need to do ,to get it perfect ,if it works im very happy with the custemor service ,if not im more than a bit grumpy ,lol,,but in the email they assure me that we will get it perfect and thats what matters to them and its better to speak in person rather than doing it by phone ,

stand by for the results , so far there service has been above and beyond ,hopefully it stays that way ,

·
Life's Circle
6,040 Posts

·
brett
9,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
chalk and cheese but im only going on what i have read ,the cc seat is the g,r seat and is like a plank under ur ass, not comftable at all on anything more than a cafe run ,also fitment was for the wide frame was a problem ,and no componets cover so ur wiring and if ur like me ,have a tmax they cant be mucked with if someone lifts the seat,cant speak for the cc seat but the leather and finish is beautiful and screams the words quality craftsman,if i get the call tonight like my email says ,the boss is ringing me 5am your time to sort out why its not lining up ,i have only one complaint about this seat at the moment and hopefully that one will go away ,lol

·
brett
9,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well its bed time now ,but i did get that phone call from the owner ,,what a really nice guy , spent 1 hour on the phone just chattin away about stuff , ,his shout ,lol,, pretty sure ,we knutted out where the problem is and its a simple fix ,which i will work on in the morning, and post up what it was , i like it when i get above and beyond customer service ,makes me feel all good on the inside

·
Life's Circle
6,040 Posts
Thanks for the info....$1200 vs $500 was worth asking the question...

·
brett
9,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
starrz for now , i gotta say for me its a deffinate yes give it a months and some good rides and i will know for sure , would i buy another one if i needed to , answer is yes without a seconds thought ,this seat isnt just for runing to the shops,sitting on it in the garage it feels like i could sit in it all day ,my wife just came up with a good comparison , we just spent a small fortune on a new mattress after 10 years on a average run of the mill one , which i would toss and turn all night get pins and needles in my arms and have floppy arms so bad i couldnt feel them for five minutes ,not to mention a really buggered back,but i was still sceptical ,with all this memeory foam pockets springs , lying down and getting scanned for weight and blah balh blah ,she gets a different grade of foam and springs and the story goes on , well ,2 weeks later ,we are sleeping through the night ,no pins and needles , my back feels like a new 45 year olds ,lol,,,i think this seat is going to be along the same lines ,in that, i think i got what i paid for ,if ur thinking of one ,give him a call ,after talking to him i bet u will get one ,very informative guy and u will be surprized to know what seats he is responsible for in the past:thumb::thumb: starzz pm me if u want more info on that

p,s i dont think the earlier framed seats are as exspensive as the wide framed seats ,and also on the phone there was mention of when they get time and enough interest they may be putting some on the production line at a much more accessable price ,but a one size fitts all sort of style ,along the same lines as the cfr , i wonder who desighned those for carey in the first place ,hint hint and also the original bar and shield seat for the vrod ,as i said very intersting man to speak to ,

·
caferacer
5,686 Posts
Is the seat hinge attached with allen screws?
Thx

·
brett
9,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
the seat hinge is attached with three allen screws ,blue lock tightend in ,i took pics last night of that bit,there is a little play in there and thats part of the fix ,hows this for service ,they said if i need more adjustment they are happy to make a new hinge with bigger holes to swing the ass around , just to keep me happy , ive seen the pics of the bike they test fitted it on and its perfect but the spot on the bike where it hinges varies apparently causing some of the fitting issues we have seen with the other seats as well

Attachments

·
caferacer
5,686 Posts
the seat hinge is attached with three allen screws ,blue lock tightend in ,i took pics last night of that bit,there is a little play in there and thats part of the fix ,hows this for service ,they said if i need more adjustment they are happy to make a new hinge with bigger holes to swing the ass around , just to keep me happy , ive seen the pics of the bike they test fitted it on and its perfect but the spot on the bike where it hinges varies apparently causing some of the fitting issues we have seen with the other seats as well
Awesome. I've got to fix 3 seat hinges. I've tried riveting which failed.
Now I'll attempt Allen screws.
Thx

·
brett
9,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
update ,,still havent solved this problem yet ,but im sure i know the problem ,still getting great service from rich at bitchn seats ,he has called me 3 times now for a n hour each time ,and to say the least its driving him crazy ,and at the end of the day as a last resort he is willing to send me a new seat with the pin locators where i need them to be for my bike if we cant solve and my thing is unique but i think we are close to why at the moment , believe it or not,i think now that there there is a 5mm difference between the dx and the AW unfortunatly for me they test fitted it on a dx and it was perfect so it should fit AW the same right WRONG ,somewhere there is a 5mm difference i just cant find it ,,

if u think u can help please look at the my other thread in this section, to save me typing it all again

to help me solve this problem for myself and anyone in the future that may be looking at this seat ,which i still love by the way ,

anyone have an 07AW, in the area between san diego, L/A and riverside ,that would be willing for rich at bitchn to have a look at see if its that model or my bike

thanks all

brett

·
Premium Member
10,800 Posts
Brett, Go long, and report back. I have never been gang raped in prison, but my bum sure feels that way on my 09 AW! After 4 hours, I was looking for bridge abutments to slam into at 90 to ease my pain. I had Jerry do the gel mod, at AMSSS. Great work, but I am still hating life on this thing!. My Corbin on my R is all day comfortable. My AW is misery! If I can't science it out, it goes up for sale. I won't own an uncomfortable motorcycle! Joe

1 - 20 of 42 Posts