Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just installed my new to me (thank you Inspiribomb!) Bitchin "WifeBeater" seat.

Looks........OK.

As you can see there is quite a bit of gap between the rear fender and the seat.

Perhaps due to the carbon panels I have not being 100%? It's quite a gap though.

Anyone else deal with this? Was there a change in the seat pan by Bitchin over the years?

Also, anyone have a recommended leather conditioner for these seats?

Ideas welcome.

Attachments

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm going to say it's your panels.

Bestim, or someone else?

My Wifebeater fits perfectly.

R.
Nylon spacers/shims to the rescue. Got the right side looking great...working on the left side shortly.

Will post pics. Realized this 5 minutes after I posted that it probably can be adjusted (the fender). Indeed it can.

Panels are Bestem...which honestly are not bad at all, just always adds doubt to my mind when I have weird fitment issues on this bike.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Getting there...

Right side looks good.

Left side better too, just a bit more gap.

Good enough......for now. Then I'll take the whole damn thing apart (again) and adjust the fender support a bit.

I've massaged (read: angle grinder) the hell out of the support over the years to get things the way I want.

Custom.....it's a disease.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.