Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Jeff
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have the instructions for this, bought the shell and such, got the backplate and everything else from a member without instructions. Can anyone who has done this mod scan the instructions and send them to me? [email protected]

Jeff

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just added this weekend...

Gordo, I just put mine on this weekend so let me know if you run in to any questions...instructions bounce you all over the place but seems pretty straight forward once you get through it.

·
Jeff
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Mike and Denver. This forum is so awesome!!!

·
Chrome is king!!!
20,269 Posts
GordoJ52 said:
Thanks Mike and Denver. This forum is so awesome!!

The members of this forum have helped me out so many times over the last few years that I feel I have an obligation to help out when I can.

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
Hey how did come out? I just bought one myself my question is how do you get the wiring hooked up from the new wire harness to the exsisting wires?

·
Chrome is king!!!
20,269 Posts
cgvrod said:
Hey how did come out? I just bought one myself my question is how do you get the wiring hooked up from the new wire harness to the exsisting wires?

You have to cut the harness on the bike and connect the new harness that came with the headlight to the bike. Solder and heatshrink the connections for longevity.

·
Jeff
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Vrod-Mike said:
You have to cut the harness on the bike and connect the new harness that came with the headlight to the bike. Solder and heatshrink the connections for longevity.
What he said!!!

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
I guess that the wire colors are the same? (Original compared to the new) I’ am going to start this today. Thanks for the help just registered yesterday.

·
Registered
488 Posts
cgvrod said:
I guess that the wire colors are the same? (Original compared to the new) I’ am going to start this today. Thanks for the help just registered yesterday.
Enjoy the forum, Hooking up the new light is pretty easy, just take your time...

·
Jeff
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Good luck man, post up if you need any help whatsoever. That's what we're all here, addicted to this forum for.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts