Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
RFFR
2,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I Hope Someone Can Help Me I Bought The Hd Headlight Bracket Kit To Replace The Stock Light. However I Bought An Aftermarket Billet Light To Install. I Cannot Seem To Find A Mountig Block To Attach And The Billet Light Only Has Two Wires The Harness Has Four And The Directions Say I Have To Cut The Harness Clips Off. Figured I Would Save By Not Buying The Hd Billet Light At 300 Or So Dollars. Now I Do Not Know What To Do. Besides Buy The Hd Billet Light And Have My Wife Kill Me. Any Help Would Be Appreciated.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I would suggest getting the Maintenance Manual and the Wiring Manual.

I would think if your light only has two wires, one of them is for the low beam and the other is for the high beam. The ground is probably made through the mount.

·
Registered
519 Posts
And the O/W wire in the harness ends at the connector. White = High Beam, Yellow = Low Beam, Black = Ground, Orange/White = Unused (power)

·
Registered
232 Posts
the connectors should be inside the box of your hd bracket . just need to connect two wires. whte = high yellow= low beam . inside the lamp is already grounded . also read the instruction that was with the hd bracket . its just really simple, pm me if you need some pics.

·
RFFR
2,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
billet install

GREAT thanks for the help with the wires. DOES ANYONE KNOW WHICH BLOCK I CAN USE THAT WILL FIT WITH THE HD BRACKET AND WHERE I CAN GET IT FROM? BECAUSE THE BLOCK ON THE HEADLAMP IS NOT LONG ENOUGH TO FIT. AND DOES THIS SOUND LIKE A GOOD PRICE $411.00 AT HD TO INSTALL MY SUPERTRAPP EXHAUST AND HOOK UP MY POWER COMMANDER AND DYNO IT? NICE TO ACTUALLY HAVE FELLOW V-ROD OWNERS TO TALK WITH I HAVE NOT SEEN ANY OTHER V-RODS AROUND MY AREA. WHICH I LIKE THATS WHY I BOUGHT A V-ROD.

·
Premium Member
13,343 Posts
My Billet only had two wires coming out of it. I just spliced into the existing headlight connectors, and let the lamp ground itself through the frame. Works great! Best to use a voltmeter to figure out which is high beam!

·
RFFR
2,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That is what i will do other members let me know the color coding but i will use a voltmeter just to be safe. What did you use for a mounting block?

·
Premium Member
13,343 Posts
The headlight I used had one with it!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts