Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,441 Posts
Mukle just to clarify it's the " Leave On " bracket that covers the gap in the rear fender/tire area not the Saddlebags. 99% of the time I'm like you no Saddlebags are mounted but the OEM H-D bracket plates are left on there and they make it look normal, not jacked up. Vintage Parts in the U.S. still has the whole Saddlebag mounting bracket kit available last time I checked so if you're interested in buying a set a H-D dealer has to order them for you, I think I paid $ 300 plus some H-D Nylon Bags off E Bay $ 200. Good Luck with the Oberon, hope that helps you out, Knut J can answer that -

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Ok. Good to know that there is few possibilities for this too. On the contrary to other models in R there is heavy inner fender made of steel which is luckily detachable. I have chopped this almost completely away. Only small portion of it is left for attaching Rick's Streetfighter rear fender. This way I could save some weight and improve bike outfit according to my taste. This is quite neat piece. There is not so many options for R models what comes to bolt on rear fenders. Now there is no restriction for wide ass tires but I am not very fond of loosing that power and driveability to looks there. Maybe 240-260 would be still fine.

Rick's Streetfighter Rear Fender

·
Premium Member
1,441 Posts
200VR Avon or 200VR Battlax V Max tire, couple others are the hot setup for lighter weight ( still 5 Lbs heavier than the 180ZR Metzler Cruisetec I just got ) and easier handling. Wider without getting too crazy on the R, which was made to handle.

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Ok thanks for the tire tip. Most of the time I have used 200/50 ZR-18 Metzeler Marathon 880 tires but they are bit soft especially in my long distance cruiser. Two season max with my riding and they are gone. I might test Avon some day. I am not sure if Marathon 880 still exists for that size anymore.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts