Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

Are you planning of coming to Daytona Beach for Bikeweek 2004?

• Yes

Votes: 32 42.7%
  • No

Votes: 26 34.7%
  • Undecided

Votes: 17 22.7%
1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the winter upon most of forum members the thought of the first springtime ride is punishment that none of us should have to endure. :mad:

To help reduce the stress and hopefully get some of you on your bikes earlier in the season I'm starting a thread to help us plan our winter escape to sunny Florida the first week of March.

It would be great if we could gather a large group of V-Rodforum members. HD traditionally hosts this event and takes over the convention center. Organized groups are routinely given special treatment. I think that if we could get commitments from 30+ members I could arrange for some special recognition. Something like a group parking area and possibly getting Willie G and some other HD brass to do a meet and greet. Then follow it with a bike cruise down Main St. What a sight 30+ V-Rods in a row cruising down Main St. would be :)

Bikeweek is March 1 - 7, 2004 in Daytona Beach, FL. If you're planning on coming down please post a note here so we all know who to look for. I'll add any organization info as I get it.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Count me in! (kinda hard not to... I live here). :D

Yes, that would be sweet to see that many Vrodders. Plus I'd get a kick out of just putting faces with names.

Leon

·
Cruzin' the Canyons
1,485 Posts
OK ! you have 2.....
I'm in So. California so count me out.

Laughlin 2004 has my name on it though.

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lenelsa,

Why don't you start up a Laughlin 2004 thread. Just no 1%ers ....... ;)

·
V-Rod Addict
466 Posts
How is the riding in Daytona? I've been to Sturgis and the Blue Ridge Mountains and loved the scenic rides. I've been to Daytona before (not on my V-Rod) and don't really remember any good riding possibilities.

I'm thinking about heading down to Bike Week, but want to make sure I'll be doing more than just parade riding through Daytona. Let me hear from you Florida V-Rodders and your thoughts... Is it worth my time for a quick 4 day trip?

·
2,552 Posts
Motown_VROD

I lived in Daytona for 12 years. If you are looking for long scenic rides, Daytona is not the place to go. If you are looking for an awesome biker atmosphere with hundreds of thousands of bikes and wild ass parties, then it is for you. I personally would not miss it and look forward to meeting and riding with as many of our V-Rod forum family as possible.

Frank

·
Registered
45 Posts
Really wish I could join as I have been before. However the ride from Singapore would mean that I most likely need to hop on my VRod today in order to make it in time for March 1!!

Have a lot of fun. It would be a site to see a mini-parade of VRodders cruising down the boulevard!

·
Registered
154 Posts
I hope to be there...got some heavy negotiating to do with the wife but if she allows it...count me in!!!!

·
Ironbutt
886 Posts
Count me in :D:D:D:D:D, not sure for the whole time though

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Frank Storms said:
Mark,

Is there a way to start a forum sign in sheet for all that are going to Daytona 04 and the dates they will be there?
I'll get with Max and see what we can come up with. Great idea.

Mark

·
Registered
214 Posts
Ugh! I just found out I have to be in San Francisco for a business conference Feb 29 - Mar 3. So I'm gonna miss the first half of bike week... Oh well, the last half is best anyway.

Leon

·
Todd
482 Posts
I'm in

Already making plans with some friends here in Augusta, Ga that I went to Biketoberfest with a few months back. :yak:

Going to be there again. :cheers:

Loved the rides and the people. :eck02

Will be camping out by the Broken Spoke Saloon.

Count me in on any VROD activities. :ithappens

·
If You Ain't Cav...
2,069 Posts
Please see this:VRODScout Post
I would love to go, but have been on my ass as to finding a place to stay. I REALLY want to be there!

Mike

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Mike,

It's gonna be tough to get a room for under $150 / night unless you're willing to stay 10+ miles outside Daytona. Since I have family in Ormond Beach I don't stay in motels there so I can't help with specifics. If you're doing a search on Orbitz, Travelocity, etc. use 100 north Atlantic Ave., Daytona Beach, FL 32114 as a reference address. That's party central.

Here's some links that can help.

http://www.officialbikeweek.com/lodging.htm
http://www.motelcove.com/ (hotel owned by a V-Rod owner, he will discount to VTF forum members)

Mark

·
2,552 Posts
Looks like we will have many of our forum at bike week.. Maybe we should look into renting a house our a LARGE suite and share the cost. What a party that would be. Anyone interested?

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Registration Area for Bikeweek 2004

All,

I have set up a fairly simple registration site to allow members to publish contact information for Daytona Bikeweek 2004. All information is voluntary, add as much or as little as you are comfortable displaying.

The presentation is simple text (for now). If this proves to be useful and desirable then we will look into recording it into a database and adding additional security.

This site is not behind the members section of the V-RODForums and it's access is not controlled by forum security, it's an open area. Please do not publish this information or weblink outside of this site.

http://www.v-rodforum.com/bw04reg.html

1 - 20 of 85 Posts