Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I’m still pretty new here I have a 2016 V Rod muscle with an apk exhaust a topless KN AIR filter. a 26 tooth front puley and a Dino jet PowerVision with target tune. Today on the highway I was going about 90 miles an hour to keep up with the other guys in and my bike started to get hot I was at about 6000 RPMs the coolant temperature light came on and I noticed when I pulled in my clutch there was nothing. We wrote that for about 10 miles and then that happened I’m not sure really where to start or what to do with the bike has been sitting for almost 2 hours and the bottom of the motor is still hot very hot to touch I was about to pull the thermostat out and see what was going on my head temperature got up to about 350° which is higher than it’s ever been. I also melted the underneath of my bag from the exhaust which has never done that either any help would be huge please an thanks also the clutch is fine again working like it should

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
Hey guys I’m still pretty new here I have a 2016 V Rod muscle with an apk exhaust a topless KN AIR filter. a 26 tooth front puley and a Dino jet PowerVision with target tune. Today on the highway I was going about 90 miles an hour to keep up with the other guys in and my bike started to get hot I was at about 6000 RPMs the coolant temperature light came on and I noticed when I pulled in my clutch there was nothing. We wrote that for about 10 miles and then that happened I’m not sure really where to start or what to do with the bike has been sitting for almost 2 hours and the bottom of the motor is still hot very hot to touch I was about to pull the thermostat out and see what was going on my head temperature got up to about 350° which is higher than it’s ever been. I also melted the underneath of my bag from the exhaust which has never done that either any help would be huge please an thanks also the clutch is fine again working like it should View attachment 604476
Saw you post on fb. Pretty sure most here will blame the triple sprocket as the likely candidate.
Ron

1 - 3 of 3 Posts