Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Pulling your strings
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put on my new tab slash cut pipes and fuel commander but I'm not sure if everything is working right. Under any bit of low throttle, mainly trying to cruise at 5-6,000 rpm, it feels like the bike is choking a bit. If I shift at about 4,500 it's fine or if I'm under hard acceleration it's fine. Also, I'm not sure if it's just the design of the slash cuts with no baffles or if the bike is running rich, but there's black on the top of the bottom pipe (I HAVE NO PIC BECAUSE I'M AT WORK ATM). I was running her topless after I put the pipes on and it started doing it so I reversed myself thing that was the issue, but it wasn't.

I'm a total newb at tuning the bike or the fuel commander. any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I am very close to ordering the same setup, I was wondering about the sound of the bike after the change over. Maybe you could try tweeking the fine adjustments on the tab commander. make a change, ride the bike, see what effects, the issue your having. I hope you get it sorted out quick, good luck, keep us posted.

·
Ms. Subtle
12,179 Posts
better your bike to spit.. than.. well.. ok i wont finish that one LOL .. i figured cheatin would have jumped on that one LOL

·
Banned
15,036 Posts
3OliveMartini said:
better your bike to spit.. than.. well.. ok i wont finish that one LOL .. i figured cheatin would have jumped on that one LOL
I kick spitters to the curb. :angeldev:

·
Pulling your strings
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
CHUCKBROOKS said:
Maybe you could try tweeking the fine adjustments on the tab commander. make a change, ride the bike, see what effects, the issue your having.
I'm scared $hitless to touch those since, as I said, I don't know what I'm doing. I didn't even get to the part in the instructions about the pots so I guess I'll mess with those tonight. If all else fails I'll call TAB.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts