Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got my SEPST today.
I connected it to the bike loaded a map and hit the program motorcycle button. It started out just fine but in the middle of programming a error message came up.
Now It is impossible
to start the bike and I can’t hit the program motorcycle button again.

So what happened and how do I fix it?

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
So I got my SEPST today.
I connected it to the bike loaded a map and hit the program motorcycle button. It started out just fine but in the middle of programming a error message came up.
Now It is impossible
to start the bike and I can’t hit the program motorcycle button again.

So what happened and how do I fix it?
What's the error message?
Ron

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is no error message now. The button for programming is greyish and nothing happens when I hit it. The error message occurred while flashing. It was saying that the computer lost communication with the bike or that the bike lost power.
Battery is new and was fully charged and charger was still connected during programming.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ECM has been “blanked”. I need to take it to the dealer for a reflash 🤑🤮

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dealer can’t flash it. I need a new ecm. I guess they won’t be able to fix it until after the summer.
I will buy a jap bike instead for the summer.
Swedish dealer sucks. There is only one and they don’t store any v-rod parts. And there is only 1 mechanic working on V-rod. 1 certified mechanic I whole of Sweden 🤮🤮🤮

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well well.....

according to the dealer, the only solution would be to it a new ecm from them and have them program it on my bike.
Delivery time for a new ecm from Harley is....... 16 months 🥺

So, I started to look for alternative solutions.
I asked a well known Swedish Harley tuner what he thought of a thundermax ecm.
Great, he said. But, I’m pretty Shute you can just put in a second hand ecm and program it to the alarm system and the bike will run.

I borrowed a ECM from him and followed this guide

It works perfect.
When I went to the dealer to bring my bike home I explained to them what I was going to do. And the answer from the dealer was:
There is no way you will get the bike running with a used ECM. You must buy a new one from us and let us program it for you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts