Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 169 Posts

·
Premium Member
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So now that Biketoberfest is passed, can we start planning for Bike Week 2011?? This'll be my first year on a V... I took my Shadow last year, and I can't wait to go again. I missed out on Biketoberfest this year, so I'm definitely gonna be at the next Bike Week!

·
Premium Member
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Who all is planning on going? That's likely to be the first major event I'll be around for with my bike.

·
Premium Member
13,343 Posts
I'll likely make it again. There is usually a V-Rod gathering at 8AM on Thursday at the Harley Pavilion (wherever that is this year). That is often preceded by a dinner Wed evening somewhere. Thursday night seems to be boys night out, but I always miss that as I'll see mom down in Stuart.

Edited 2/18 - HD will indeed sponsor a meet-n-greet at the Harley Tent, across from the Daytona HD Dealer, on Beach St, on Mar 10, 8AM to 9AM. Management will see if Willy G can make it, but can't promise.

·
Retired N Loving It!
6,454 Posts
I am planning on going this year, again I will be staying in Clermont with an old Crewchief of mine from Vietnam. I will be riding over each day for the event.

·
Youngest VRODDER
265 Posts
Enclosed Trailer Daytona Bike Week 2011

I will be Going down with my V's again. Got a friend borrowing 1 for the week, Driving down Fri Mar 4 - Sun Mar 13. Trailering down from Mass. If anyone on the way needs a lift I have room in trailer for about 4 more bikes before I post on Craigslist. Best rates for forum members. PM ME

Richard

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'll be there again. Does anyone know when the VROD meeting
will be? I hope it's warmer this year!

·
Registered
821 Posts
I'm in. Yeah, let's hope we can get by with lighter jackets this year. Last year's ride up to Daytona was pretty miserable. Miserable, but worth it. Are we meeting at the 'usual' spot... DJ's Deck?

·
Premium Member
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm in as long as work doesn't make plans for me!

·
Registered
727 Posts
Always wanted to go to bike week. Gonna try to go this year and see what all the fuss is about. Do the v-rodders meet for a ride down there? Is there anywhere to camp out down there? I like to do it kinda old school ya know. Got an uncle that lives down there and was gonna visit him some.

·
Justpassinthru
8,976 Posts
I will be there, and yes it was a cold ride down last year.

·
Chad
263 Posts
Pretty sure we're going this year. First time. Have been to Sturgis 6 times and every year it seems that we find new places to see and things to do. Last year we were so busy having fun that we missed some of the must do's (a week is not long enough). Problem is that I don't know squat about Daytona or the ralley and don't want to miss any of the "must see or must rides". Any advice? Great rides? Awesome bars? Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
821 Posts
Pretty sure we're going this year. First time. Have been to Sturgis 6 times and every year it seems that we find new places to see and things to do. Last year we were so busy having fun that we missed some of the must do's (a week is not long enough). Problem is that I don't know squat about Daytona or the ralley and don't want to miss any of the "must see or must rides". Any advice? Great rides? Awesome bars? Thanks for any help!
Must ride: The 'Daytona Loop'

Awesome bar: Dirty Harry's on Main Street

·
George
5,411 Posts
I'll be there the first weekend... staying at MikeP and Shadow11's place in Port Orange

·
Chad
263 Posts
Thanks deathdealer, they're on the list! See ya at the party that George is throwin in Port Orange! ;)

·
riders, mount up!
35 Posts
I agree the 'Daytona Loop' is a good ride that gets you out of the traffic for a bit. For some good BBQ eats head south from International Speedway Blv on Ridgewood Ave and stop in at a little place called Porkie's Tru South BBQ. Its not some chain eatery. :cookYou'll have to give a try to there XXX sauce. WOO! My buds and I will get over the first weekend, just never seem to able to make that get vrod togather. Its that Damn Thursday I gotta work thing.:mad:

1 - 20 of 169 Posts