Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought 06 with 200 miles on it (yipee!).
The bike will start and run fine even when the fob is nowhere near the bike :-( It doesnt need the fob to start, and when I press the fob, the alarm beeps, but never sets.
Perhaps this bike is so new that noone ever programed in the code to disarm the system???
Any ideas? I dont want someone to run off with my baby lol!
-sheriffwoody

·
Premium Member
11,385 Posts
Your FOB should have a button on it.
To activate the security system, click the button once. The system should beep twice and flash tehe turn signals.
Once in this state if the bike is jostled it should scream like a banshee. Like wise if you turn on the ignition it will scream.
To deactivate the alarm/security system click the FOB button twice.

Your Owners manual has a very good write up on the security system and how to manage it. For your 2006 the part number of the Owners manual is 99736-06A in case you do not have one. Cost about $20

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK. Lets try this again (I have the service manual thks).

Long press the fob- get 2 chirps and its armed (little red light flashes on speedo)... all is good.
double click on button and 1 chirp, its now unarmed.

So, if its unarmed and the keyfob is nowhere near the bike, it should start? The only thing that keeps it from starting is the alarm?
Doesnt it ever sense the keyfob to make sure its close by?

·
Registered
600 Posts
No the pre 08 bikes do not automatically sense the remote. Starting in 08 HD changed to the RFID fob that does not have a button on it. The RFID fob is sensed by the security system thus no need for a button.

·
VRSCD
1,012 Posts
No the pre 08 bikes do not automatically sense the remote. Starting in 08 HD changed to the RFID fob that does not have a button on it. The RFID fob is sensed by the security system thus no need for a button.
It was an option on 07s, I got a TSSM with the RF FOB. No button it is all about the FOB being near the bike when you start it.

·
Premium Member
6,248 Posts
Just bought 06 with 200 miles on it (yipee!).
The bike will start and run fine even when the fob is nowhere near the bike :-( It doesnt need the fob to start, and when I press the fob, the alarm beeps, but never sets.
Perhaps this bike is so new that noone ever programed in the code to disarm the system???
Any ideas? I dont want someone to run off with my baby lol!
-sheriffwoody
I moved this from the other thread started in the VRXSE sub forum:

The '02 to ’06 buttoned FOB and TSSM (turn signal/security module) does not disarm automatically via proximity.

That was started in ’07 with the HFSM (hands free security module) with the “buttonless” FOB.

The TSSM is armed if the bike is off and the “key” icon is flashing every 2.5 s. This system is armed by holding the button down until the module responds with two flashes of the turn signals.

Here’s an explanation of how the buttoned FOB TSSM system works and here’s how to enable/disable the auto arming feature.

·
Powdercoat Maniac
1,018 Posts
yep in 07

·
Premium Member
11,385 Posts
Don't forget to change the battery in the fob maybe every 8-9 months.
I have had the security system on my 2003 since I bought it in 2003 and have never changed the battery in the FOB. It works just fine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts