Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi people, just purchased a second hand vrsc 07. Problem is, that when I change down and pull the clutch in, the bloody bike stalls!!

It came with a Vance and Hines set of pipes, and under the seat there is a Vance and Hines "Fuelpak"

Any ideas on whats going on!! Its bloody dangerous!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi, enigmas and AOW, it idles fine, and also when warming up. It just cuts out as soon as you pull the clutch in to change down, then starts backfiring with flames shooting out the pipes when I hit the starter button again.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Check

Check the connections between the Pak and CPU. Unplug the Pak reconnect the CPU and try the bike if problem presists then it was not the Pak or Map. A quick rode test on the stock CPU and stock Map will not hurt the bike. If it goes away then go to the V&H web site down load a new Map that matches your bike and load it up. It will give you a decent Map.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks StreetRod07, I took it back to the dealer I bought it from, and more or less did what you said! , downloaded new maps, and also took off the air filter cover and the thing goes the way it was meant to!!! Thanks to all who responded and offered advice!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts