Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Making the UK Fatter
2,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:helpme: I have just returned my second Clarke (Machine Mart) bike lift in a week. Both of them pi**ed oil all over my garage floor and refused to lift. I was more than lucky that I never had a bike on it.
Need an alternative now. Any of you guys use one of these?

http://www.bikelift.com/harleys.htm

Regards

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
mr_vrodder said:
:helpme: I have just returned my second Clarke (Machine Mart) bike lift in a week. Both of them pi**ed oil all over my garage floor and refused to lift. I was more than lucky that I never had a bike on it.

Regards
Order a Sears Craftsman!The Best Period for the Money! :kaz:

·
Banned
3,228 Posts
mr_vrodder said:

Regards
No but I have one from Hein Gericke. They have a picture of it in their latest catalogue (there's a copy with this month's Bike magazine) carrying a V Rod.
£99, very robust and low enough to fit under the V Rod when it's resting on the jiffy.

Christine

Attachments

·
Registered
503 Posts
i,ve had the clarke lift for over a year now and it has never given me any bother.it would not have been a problem if your bike was on the lift as it locks in three different heights ,taking the pressure off the hydrolics when in the lift position :cheers: .if you tell them you have flagged them on this site you may get one for nothing. as it is bad publicity for them.

·
Making the UK Fatter
2,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
v3rod said:
i,ve had the clarke lift for over a year now and it has never given me any bother.it would not have been a problem if your bike was on the lift as it locks in three different heights ,taking the pressure off the hydrolics when in the lift position :cheers: .if you tell them you have flagged them on this site you may get one for nothing. as it is bad publicity for them.
Your correct the bike would not go down, but the bike would be stuck raised off the ground because you have to lift it up a bit more before you can un-latch it.

I got the hein gericke catalogue but notice the lift is only rated at 300Kg, I suppose it should be OK, especially as they picture one.
Does it lock in position when raised?, the price is OK in this one, I'm just put off the hydraulic jacks at the moment.

Thanks for the advice

·
Petrolhead
414 Posts
I have had the 'Clarke' lift for 6 months and the bike stays on it whenever it is garaged, that has been most of the winter period and I have had NO problems at all.
The 'Clarke' lift is rated at 500Kgs

The 'Hein Gericke' lift does not look as robust and at 300Kg rating is not as strong, in fact it's extremely borderline with the V Rod on board.!

The V-Rod is factory rated at 596 lbs/270.34 Kg 'DRY' so factor in Fuel, Oil, Coolant, and some accessories and you are very likely over 300Kg.?

Worth the risk?

Not for me thanks!

·
Making the UK Fatter
2,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Creosote said:
I have had the 'Clarke' lift for 6 months and the bike stays on it whenever it is garaged, that has been most of the winter period and I have had NO problems at all.
The 'Clarke' lift is rated at 500Kgs

The 'Hein Gericke' lift does not look as robust and at 300Kg rating is not as strong, in fact it's extremely borderline with the V Rod on board.!

The V-Rod is factory rated at 596 lbs which is 270.34 Kg 'DRY' so factor in Fuel, Oil, Coolant, and some accessories and you are very likely over 300Kg.?

Worth the risk?

Not for me thanks!
I have just sent a letter to Clarke & Machine Mart for now, and I was wondering about that 300Kg rating.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts