Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Making the UK Fatter
2,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone in the UK use a Bike lift for their V-Rod?, if so would you recommend it and where can I get one. (shipping one over the pond is going to be very expensive)
Thanks Mr Vrodder

·
Come back Max
435 Posts
mr_vrodder said:
Does anyone in the UK use a Bike lift for their V-Rod?, if so would you recommend it and where can I get one. (shipping one over the pond is going to be very expensive)
Thanks Mr Vrodder
I'm going down the same route. trying to find out the best available here in the Uk. I will keep you posted as to my finds.

·
Making the UK Fatter
2,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The best I have found is a Clarke CML2 in Machine Mart at £130 so far. These are $69 in the US, but with tax & shipping will probably be about the same.
Mr V-Rodder

·
Registered
885 Posts
mr_vrodder said:
Thanks Mr Vrodder
Me again,
Check this out, £300 & works like a dream. Search the web for easyrizer.
Paul.

·
Making the UK Fatter
2,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Paul

Do you use the the Bike Grab too? or is the lift OK on its own?.
This looks quite good because it has no fluid to leak so will not lower the bike if left for a while.
Mr V-Rodder

·
Registered
503 Posts
the machine mart lifter is excelent, i,ve had mine over a year now with no problems.although you have to hold the bike upright to get it under

·
Registered
885 Posts
mr_vrodder said:
Hi Paul

Do you use the the Bike Grab too? or is the lift OK on its own?.
This looks quite good because it has no fluid to leak so will not lower the bike if left for a while.
Mr V-Rodder
I've got the heavy duty version, no other equipment needed. The big bonus is that it isn't 8 foot + long & gives full access to the bike.
With a conventional bench you still have to jack up the bike to get the wheels or forks off. With this lif you can remove the whole front end without any jacking or counterbalancing of the bike, it's the business.
If you want to see a horror show, check out the thread I posted in the hi-performance forum.
Paul.

·
Petrolhead
414 Posts
mr vrodder, I use the Clarke lift purchased from Machine Mart.
It fits under the V Rod easily once the bike is upright off the side stand. Very stable and no problems at all.
Purchased mine on the VAT free sale day they have now and again for registered (regular) customers, usually about twice a year.

Also purchased this seat

http://www.machinemart.co.uk/product.asp?p=020110590

1 - 10 of 10 Posts