Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I rode the first day of a 7 day trip, but after putting 300 miles on my bike, which hasn't given me trouble before, it seems a little off.

It stalled twice pretty easily, when I don't think it usually would have, and when I went to start it, it clicked a few times, as though the battery is low. Before I go tomorrow, I'll make a point to check coolant and oil, but is there anything else I should be aware of?

·
Premium Member
11,390 Posts
Check and make sure your grounds are clean and tight. Three grounds, one on top of each cylinder and a third engine to frame located lower left rear of engine.
Also make sure battery cables are clean and tight.
'
WHEN did it stall? at idle or at speed etc.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So, my battery was pretty new, and under warranty, so I assumed it wasn't that... Apparently it was.

I had LEDs attached, that were apparently pushing the amperage to twice it's threshold, so the battery shit out.

Now, battery is replaced and LEDs were detached, and it seems to be running like a dream.

·
Premium Member
11,390 Posts
LEDs should equire much less amperage not more. Something is wrong if the LEDs are causing battery to drain.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.