Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sooooo..... now what? I'd say 90% is cosmetic? Now begins the slow tedias process of hurry up and wait??? Any one got any idea on the SE exhaust that is on it? I "think" it is no longer available. I also noticed that the handle bars are cockied to the left.

My neighbor backed into. :mad: Thats his only saving grace from a trip to the hospital. Any one have had good/bad expeirence w/ins. co.? Pls post up. I have contacted my ins. co. who inturn is contacting his.

See attached pics. :sad:

I have video too, but cant seem to upload to gallery... :banghead: :banghead: Could someone help w/that pls?

Attachments

·
Tie One On
1,644 Posts
If you want to talk insurance company, dont even bother calling yours you need to call the friends since it was their fault.
If you get into an accident or it is a no fault, as in your case, always call the other persons insurance and start a claim with them. There is no reason to call your insurance unless you want your own to cover it.
Plain and simple.

·
Registered
437 Posts
I would be checking your right hand frame rail also if you havent already they bend so easy.

·
Premium Member
11,287 Posts
If you want to talk insurance company, dont even bother calling yours you need to call the friends since it was their fault.
If you get into an accident or it is a no fault, as in your case, always call the other persons insurance and start a claim with them. There is no reason to call your insurance unless you want your own to cover it.
Plain and simple.
Actually your insurance company will help with the legal process if it comes to that. They will intervene if the other ins company gets shitty about paying foir new, OEM parts, etc. Always best to contact your insurance company. That's what you pay premiums for.

·
Premium Member
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah your right. I do have a ? about uploading videos, every time I do it is not showing up. No errors or anything. It is a .avi any ideas??

Joe

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
I would be checking your right hand frame rail also if you havent already they bend so easy.
They are intentionally made to do this so the complete frame doesn't have to be replaced every time the bike is dumped.It's 70's technology,but great technology at that.I'm amazed this isn't mandatory on all production motorcycles,like the crumple zones in automobiles are.

Actually your insurance company will help with the legal process if it comes to that. They will intervene if the other ins company gets shitty about paying foir new, OEM parts, etc. Always best to contact your insurance company. That's what you pay premiums for.
Contact the insurance company you hired.It is proper procedure.If for some reason the insurance company you have hired to protect and fix your motorcycle refuses to follow the rules,consult a lawyer before you ever try and deal with the other sides insurance.

·
Premium Member
5,718 Posts
That exhaust is also availabe through Vance and Hines but won't say Screamin' Eagle on it.

·
Insane inda membrane
13,002 Posts
There's a set of those pipes for sale on here I think.

·
~*~VDRNLN JUNKIE~*~
667 Posts
Open a free account to photobucket.com...upload your vid to it...then just post a link to it, thats how I do it. ;)

·
Premium Member
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thnx guys!!!

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
take the bike to the stealer, let them do a complete write up and bid on it, then his insurance folks will want to come out and do a write up.
After all is said and done, get the check and do the work yourself.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I know what you are feeling my friend. I too had my bike hit and knocked over just last month by this lady who backed into it and it fell over. Mostly cosmetic. It took about two weeks for me to get a check from her insurance co. Yes I had them send me the money so that I could get what I wanted from the shop. But, I did have the bike shop do a crash est. on then it was sent to the insurance co. and they gave me the same amount of money as the est. cost. It was about $1200.00 for just new kickstand assy., clutch lever, left shock, pegs left side, also the left side frame piece because of the broken kickstand...its welded you know and they have to just unbolt and change it out. Good luck.:chainsaw:

·
Premium Member
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thinking of going that route too. Not 100% sure yet. There may be some painting involved. Would prefer to do it myself tho! That way I might can get my 2-1 exhaust! :)

·
Premium Member
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
LEX MALLA LEX NULLA
1,072 Posts
Definitely work with your neighbor’s insurance company. Depending on how they do it, you will need to have an estimate done either by their claims people or they may have the Harley Dealer do it. The bike doesn’t appear capable of being ridden with both brake lever and pedal cocked and possibly cracked (at least I wouldn’t ride it) so it will need to be trailered somewhere if the estimate is not done at your home. Get the check and scrounge/order the parts yourself and do the work yourself. Everything I see is straightforward bolt on stuff so you can save a bundle in labor cost. Generally speaking, If no one was injured and suing them for a million dollars in medical bills and lost wages, insurance companies consider a few grand for damage to a vehicle a drop in the bucket. That’s a VRSCB model right? Out of production classics are expensive to repair.:deal:

·
Premium Member
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yes it is a B model. Yeah I am thinking around 3k or more. Harley is picking it up on Sun. to do the est. The ins. adjuster came by yes. took pics. of it. I told him they "SE" do not make this exhaust anymore... "Oh. Thats not good".... I couldnt help but laugh a lil bit when he said that.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts