Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just put brand new Metzler 888s l. rear tire is a 200 dont know of that would make a difference. I noticed bike dips right when i drop the handlebars while riding. Its alot more amplified since the new tires are round and new. Also last tires were worn on left more. I dont believe it the mounting since last tires did the same. This picture is of the brand new tire. I did have them install new oem pads. Any ideas? I searched the topic and ive read much about vrods doing this kinda stuff as being “normal”.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
Just put brand new Metzler 888s l. rear tire is a 200 dont know of that would make a difference. I noticed bike dips right when i drop the handlebars while riding. Its alot more amplified since the new tires are round and new. Also last tires were worn on left more. I dont believe it the mounting since last tires did the same. This picture is of the brand new tire. I did have them install new oem pads. Any ideas? I searched the topic and ive read much about vrods doing this kinda stuff as being “normal”.
Not normal. Do an alignment to the front with straight edges. Bike needs to be upright with scissor jack for this. I believe there's +/- 1/4" tolerance but try for 1/8" max between one side to other. Basically your rear tire is not tracking straight with the front. I just rechecked mine a while back when redoing belt tension. It will track straight and slowly turn left or right depending on my body inputs.
Ron

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.