Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was out riding yesterday and it was about 102 degrees or so. I had been riding for a total of maybe 70 miles and the bike started acting up. Around 4,000 rpm it would start cutting out. If I got it above that it would run better. I stopped for a break and to let the bike cool off and it ran fine for about 15 miles the it cut out a few times. I stopped by autozone and picked up some seaform and added it to the tank when I filled up again. It didn't cut out anymore on the way home, and I rode it around this evening and it ran fine. Could I have just got some bad gas? The bike is a 04 b with 10,000 miles on it.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Pat (Patrick!)
11,222 Posts

·
Dave Chervenak
1 Posts
Bike Cutting Out

dcherv here...2004 B, 25,000 miles. Screaming Eagle 16 ga. exhaust pipes with corresponding airbox re-map done by Eastside Harley in Bellevue Wash. 2006.

Engine cuts out resulting in abrupt loss of power and backfiring. This problem is very intermittent (usually runs great) but has gotten progressively worse over the years. I thought at first I had gotten bad gas, or gas with water in it. It feels like fuel starvation.

It was very bad yesterday and I barely made it home - time to deal with it. Any clues?

·
Super Moderator
6,248 Posts
dcherv here...2004 B, 25,000 miles. Screaming Eagle 16 ga. exhaust pipes with corresponding airbox re-map done by Eastside Harley in Bellevue Wash. 2006.

Engine cuts out resulting in abrupt loss of power and backfiring. This problem is very intermittent (usually runs great) but has gotten progressively worse over the years. I thought at first I had gotten bad gas, or gas with water in it. It feels like fuel starvation.

It was very bad yesterday and I barely made it home - time to deal with it. Any clues?
See second link in Post #2 or check these links I found by searching for "fuel flange M-1141".

1 - 5 of 5 Posts