Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Fade to Black
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have never used one but I want to keep this bike under cover when its not is use. Is there a cover that works better for the V-Rod then others? Our can I just pick one up and a local store and be ok with it.
Thanks
Jeck

·
Bone Stock A Model
1,269 Posts
Jeck

You don't mention if the bike is stored inside or out. If outside I would definately want a cover that was made for the bike and waterproof. If inside, just a cheap cover to keep the dust off. One thing to look for is a cover that has a heat resistant material for that area where it will touch your pipes. When I get back from a ride I normally cover the bike right away and the pipes are still warm. Obviously if the cover does not have this you would need to go back out and cover it later.

·
1130cc Mike
1,860 Posts
I have the cover on mine in the garage. My wife got me that HD one, black and almost made sort of out of fine canvas. Has the anniversary logo across the front. Works well and is a dog hair magnet. Gotta love those dogs!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Exigent makes a pretty compact rain cover. Site is www.exigentbikecovers.com or 717-486-3238. Nice people, bought my first cover in about 1993 and then just now another for my "R".

Be careful on v-rod sizing, my "R" has the detachable touring windscreen and the sport vrscr saddlebags. The web site lists the FX big twin cover for v-rods with bags but it was way too tight a fit. Swapped for the King rain cover and fits nice. Fairly compact for packing purposes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts