Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well should have known something was up when I went through 3/8" tank of gas in 40 miles,but it was runnig good.Well it was!!! Staerted slowing but wasn't letting off the gas.As soon as I let off the gas it died!I got it started and went to a lot.Re adjusted the fuel settings on the race tuner back to what they were with my CFR pipe.It idled,so I turnede around and headed home.Got about 4 miles down the road and died again.No idiot lights!!Then I tried starting it and it sounded like a dying battery,which I just replaced 3 weeks ago.Finally got it going again and made it 3 more miles then it shut down,Oil temp was 256 when I stopped.The fans stayed on for 20+ minutes! .I have a lil soot on the end of the pipe,so I'm guessing it was rich.I also fixed a leaking water pump cover gasket yesterday.I bled the air out afterwards and everything.Should have left the leaking one in!!!Anyone have any clue as to what the heck I did??? Really sucks because I never had any kind of problem with thie bike til then.Anyone with any race fueler setting for a topless, Reinhart 2:1 pipe that I could use.

·
DuPage County
419 Posts
Sounds like you had some trapped air in the cooling system and it WAY overheated.

It may be damaged internally.

·
NOT A REAL HD RIDER
779 Posts
That's really odd...I just put on a new pciii with a new map and my bike is doing somthing similar....and it turned my pipe Blue at the 2 into 1 area of my cfr...Im assuming from heat....and it looks like its burning oil around over 5k...

·
V's and Z's
4,093 Posts
lean?

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It started when it cooled down.I'm going to check the coolant and re-bleed the system.Not sure it was lean.I was thinking rich myself.Have some soot build up on the pipe and was watching the gas gauge move as I was driving.Need to either get a setting for the race fueler or get a power commander.

·
NOT A REAL HD RIDER
779 Posts
Honestly Z I think it's too rich and running hot.....my CFR turned blue it was soo hot.....Im a little puzzled to be honest...Im going to reload the 020 map and go from there....I need to check my plugs too and see what they look like....

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I checked my coolant today and guess what.The cover I made for the filter(had to cut the stacks down to fit the JE airbox on)was off,so I'm thinking it came off when I was riding and maybe that could have been my problem.I only went about 3 miles before I shut it down completely and waited for pick up.If the cover came off that would make me go lean,right?It started back up today and sounded ok,how would I know if I really screwed anything up.I was only going about 40 MPH for about 3 miles,so I hope I didn't realy damage anything.Even though a 1340 BB would be nice

·
NOT A REAL HD RIDER
779 Posts
If you had warping inside anywhere you'd know it...it would sound like complete garbage and if it ran it would be a very uneven sound

1 - 8 of 8 Posts