Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I've owned this VROD about 6 weeks I guess, and I've made 1 mistake, 1 bad mistake !!!
As soon as I got the V, I watched a Corbin seat with rider backrest sell on E-bay for $175.00, plus $40.00 shipping. I took the V on trade and didn't plan on keeping it, I'd had a 2006 Night Rod earlier this year and didn't like it at all. The mid controls I hated, felt cramped and the color I disliked also, real bad !
So, I didn't know if I'd keep this bike more than a week or 2, so I passed on the seat. I'm kickin' myself. I'll find another at that price, but it may take awhile. I really like this '03 V, but the riding position without a backrest kills me, I had a break in my back when my buddy hit a tree, head on, 32 years ago while I was in the front passenger seat, bent over tying my shoe. Broken 3rd lumbar vertebrae at the spine, fractured skull....so with my back, I need the backrest and I kick myself for not springin' for that Corbin then. Oh well, I'll find another.

Merry Christmas !

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
I'm 54yo w a back problem from a similar crash as a passenger.
Try this first.Completely remove the seat from the bike and use something to insulate the exposed frame and the filler cap on the tank,I used a bath towel.Sit on the bike w the towel seat and see if this changes your backs attitude.
I learned this one evening when the seat was off and I needed to put the bike back in the garage.I draped the towel over the exposed frame and tank to ride the bike in the garage and as soon as i sat down,I said ahhh out loud.This gave me the incentive to buy a used seat and cut the foam down until it suited my back and comfort with a far reach to the bars.
I wound up buying a Badlander RR seat and modified the pan where the filler cap lives.Then I cut the foam to where I sit an inch lower w my tail bone straightened and I am an inch further back from the factory position.
I must have had the donor seat off and on 20 times while I modified it,so a little time to dedicate for this will be in order.

It has about 45 thousand miles on it now.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts