Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

bigger tires

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Mr Large 
#1 ·
I have a 2008 vrscawa I am going to put new Metzler tires on it soon can I go with larger tires on the stock rims the rear is 240/40r x18 and the front is 120/70r 19:banghead:

#2 ·
Exhaust and tires

Drilled exhaust: Just delivered 2008 V Rod to have power commander installed ,with the exhaust drilled will the power commander need more work if I drill holes a little larger after I get her home, ALSO: bike mech. said not to take out inner baffles that without back pressure even with the Pow.Com. that she will be to loud and may not run right, Any feed back please, he will work on bike on thurs.10th. ALSO: I have been running a Drag Spec. air filter and drilled pipes for two weeks without Power Commander will this hurt the motor? Thank you

#3 ·
Hey i ran my double barrels with the baffles modded or unwrapped should i say, without a tuner for prolly a year and my bike was fine but when i put on the PC3, i took the whole damn baffle out and i lost about 10 horses but the sound is amazing and so much deeper like it should be, now to answer your ? is it good for the motor... only a dyno can answer that truely, the air and fuel ratio is key here...just my 2 cents

#4 ·
Thanks Thunderroad for the feed back I`m supposed to get her back on Friday with the new tires (Metz),Drag Specs. air intake,power commander,and reworked exhaust,my friend wants to see what she will do against his 2008 ZR1 Vette 505 hp,can`t wait. Mr Large,Emerald Isle,N.C.

#5 ·
Tires

I believe you can put a Metz 260 on the vrod 240 stock rim. I think there is a more detailed explanation of this (rim width measurements) on v-mod in the rear tire section.

Hope this helps, and let me know if you put a 260 on it and how it handles.

#7 ·
Tires

I believe you can put a Metz 260 on the vrod 240 stock rim. I think there is a more detailed explanation of this (rim width measurements) on v-mod in the rear tire section.

Hope this helps, and let me know if you put a 260 on it and how it handles.
I have already gotten the tires mounted I went with the stock sizes but got rid of the Dunflops and went with Metzlers.Thank you for your reply

#6 ·
260 Metz 250 Avon or anything else is a direct replacement on the stock 240 bikes.
Since you purchased a fueler and have an AW, you should have done the full DIY V-mod to your exhaust. It would have taken abou the same amount of time as drilling all those holes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.