Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those interested in a bigger gas tank I found this link to Custom Ranch in Germany. It seems they can supply an auxiliary 11 liter gas tank in steel. Do any of our German members know any more about this? - I can't find anything on their web site.

GT - UK

Zusatztank für V-Rod

Fahren Sie gerne lange Touren? Das Zittern, um die nächste Tankstelle zu erreichen, wird immer größer, der Tank immer leerer. Kein Problem. Mit diesem ausgeklügelten System der Custom Ranch sind die unsicheren Zeiten vorbei. Der formschöne, aus Edelstahl gefer-tigte Tank mit den dazugehörigen Haltern fügt sich optisch sehr schön in die Linie der V-Rod. Der Tank kann mit wenigen Handgriffen de-montiert und montiert werden. Die Entlüftung des Haupttanks erfolgt über den Zusatztank. Ein Befüllen des Originaltanks ist nicht mehr nötig. Tankinhalt 11 Liter. Die Lieferung besteht aus Zusatztank mit Benzinhahn, Flugzeug-tankdeckel, Tankhalter, Schlauchmaterial, Anleitung und Prüfzertifikat zur TÜV-Eintragung.

• Custom Ranch Coburg
Tel.: 09561-234722 · Fax: 09651-790592
www.custom-ranch.de

·
Registered
103 Posts
Yes. It is ugly. It needs the space of the passengerpillion. It looks like a vat made of steel. It is expensive. It is a very strange solution. But it will give you more fuel capacity. Take a look on their website: Shop - Produkte - zusatztank für v-Rod
Teppo

·
Banned
3,228 Posts
I've been wondering whether these people might be able to make something to replace the airbox cover and remain in keeping with the style of the bike:http://www.thetankshop.com/
If they could come up with a suitable design that clips on and off like the cover and maybe feeds into the existing tank, that would be ideal. I have seen a picture of something like this posted on this forum but it's pretty ugly.
Maybe a trip to Dumfries with my old dented airbox cover is in order.
Christine

·
Making the UK Fatter
2,606 Posts
Christine said:
I've been wondering whether these people might be able to make something to replace the airbox cover and remain in keeping with the style of the bike:http://www.thetankshop.com/
If they could come up with a suitable design that clips on and off like the cover and maybe feeds into the existing tank, that would be ideal. I have seen a picture of something like this posted on this forum but it's pretty ugly.
Maybe a trip to Dumfries with my old dented airbox cover is in order.
Christine
Hi Christine, I thought some time ago someone was going to do exactly that?
Maybe they can enlighten us again?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Ok...here a picture of a bigger gas tank that fits over the airbox and can be conected to the original tank thru the existing refuel cap. Price kind of steep... 1800Euro or USD2200 plus shipping. Extra fuel is about 4 gallons.

Ride Safe
DB

Attachments

·
Banned
3,228 Posts
mr_vrodder said:
Hi Christine, I thought some time ago someone was going to do exactly that?
Maybe they can enlighten us again?
True but these seem to be much more reasonably priced than the others mentioned so far.

·
Registered
43 Posts
DeafBiker said:
Ok...here a picture of a bigger gas tank that fits over the airbox and can be conected to the original tank thru the existing refuel cap. Price kind of steep... 1800Euro or USD2200 plus shipping. Extra fuel is about 4 gallons.

Ride Safe
DB

So how do we get one?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Im experimenting with filling my frame with gas. i figure i can fit another gallong in the frame and next is to fill the tires with gas also. I just havent figured out when you start to run low on gas without it running down your tire pressure. I think if i fit a pressure valve to a CO2 tank it might work.

·
Registered
24 Posts
When you fill the tires up with gas and go for a ride, will you have someone follow with a video camera?

I figure as soon as the gas starts to boil when the tires heat up, there'll be a helluva explosion. I'd like to see that.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Why don't we ask the Touratech guys to help us with this. If there is a way to add fuel capacity they'll find it. German members, what do you say?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts