Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't get home from work without driving at least 50 miles :)

( i live 7 miles from work )

·
Another Ski season
2,631 Posts
Know just how you feel, only I live about a mile to work and 30-50 home and the darn road never stays the same two days in a row. What's with that?

·
The Anti-Chrome
872 Posts
Everyday I ride to work (5 miles total) the bike (known here as "devils sister") always has to turn the wrong direction when I leave the driveway....by the time I realize what the bike is doing I'm 20 miles from work and need to slap her around a bit so she will turn towards the base and let me make it into work by 0900...:D

·
Darth Veeness
2,014 Posts
lewma said:

Keep missing your turn off do you? I hate when that happens. You would have thought that the moco could have built a bike that goes where the rider wants to go, OH, wait, they DID!!!:dance: :dance:

·
Comfortably numb!
1,968 Posts
lewma said:

:them: I live 7 miles from work too and ride everyday, same problem here :rofl:

·
Banned
405 Posts
We take ours out at lunch and eat as fast as we can so we can go ride during lunch! Wife has given up on me getting home before I put at least an extra 20miles on the bike from work.

Drivers are too crazy in the morning here in Atl to joy ride before work. :(

·
Registered
206 Posts
I have an extremely similar problem except I work at 0345am. So my intent is to cruise to work nice and calmly, but for some reason my bike wants to get it. Who am I to argue so i hold on and let it show me what it has. I mean after all I'm just the rider..haha.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I work about 12 miles from my house...but I drive my pathfinder to work. But I change my work schedule to 50 hours straight per weekeng, so I can ride Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. So yeah...I am hooked.

I'm a Night-Rod Hooker!

·
Registered
58 Posts
I can relate. I live 4.6 miles from my office and my normal commute after buying the DX has been about 20 miles (each way). It wasn't even warmed up on my first couple of rides to work. I have to admit that this is the most awesome bike I have ever owned. Putting miles on it is the right thing to do. Where I live, finding a long way to work is fairly simple. The only problem is explaining to the boss why I'm late.

The good thing is that my boss rides a new Road Glide and pretty much understands my delima. My wife of 36 years is also understanding and tolerates my DX habit. When I purchased my 01 Night Train and rode it 47 miles from one dealer to another to have the big bore kit installed she didn't question why. I have to admit that life is great and this bike makes it much better! Before I took delvery of my DX, I had only seen one DX on the street and that was after I had already signed the contract and was waiting for the setup to be completed.

My 7 year old grandson said it all when he said "Papa, that's the coolest looking bike in the world". All I can say is ride and let others see what a great bike we have.

Rick

·
BISHOP11c
244 Posts
I'm fairly lucky, I live 26 miles one way from work. Almost all rural highway. Do the math, thats 52 miles a day. But the old Lady busted me the other day, asking how come I was averging over 70 miles a day. OOPs

·
Premium Member
4,061 Posts
I think the big problem Ive found with my DX is that anytime i go into a gas station,or store,or anywhere!....i have to spend about 20 minutes talking to people about what a bad ass sinister looking ride harley built!...man O man,talk about attention getter!

Dan

·
Registered
30 Posts
You guys and galls are all lucky. My 08 is at home in Texas, while I’m 6000 miles south in Brazil, suck on a boat, so no riding down here wasn’t an option!! Still we have Copacabana in our sites!!
Enjoy your riding, I will when I get home. Starbucks is about 2 miles from my house, but for some reason the ones on the other side of the city sell ‘better’ coffee!!

·
Darth Veeness
2,014 Posts
bishop11c said:
I'm fairly lucky, I live 26 miles one way from work. Almost all rural highway. Do the math, thats 52 miles a day. But the old Lady busted me the other day, asking how come I was averging over 70 miles a day. OOPs
Tell her it was odometer error, yeah, that's it!, odometer error, they don't make 'em the way they used to.:angeldev: :angeldev:

·
I'm With Stupid
966 Posts
I had that problem for awhile, until I moved to within a mile of the nearest :boobs: bar. :D

·
Premium Member
5,508 Posts
ROCKERDAN said:
I think the big problem Ive found with my DX is that anytime i go into a gas station,or store,or anywhere!....i have to spend about 20 minutes talking to people about what a bad ass sinister looking ride harley built!...man O man,talk about attention getter!

Dan
:them:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts