Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered F'n User
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want it, and I need your help to get it.

My bike puts out a dyno-verified 111 RWHP and 75 lb/tq., all stock with just stage 1 (hi-flo air kit, 16-gage pipes, remap). Here's the deal: I want a decent increase in HP and TQ, but I only have about $2500 total to throw into it. Obviously, if I had the $$ and wanted 150 hp I'd just throw a supercharger on it. But don't have the $$, so in a nutshell, here's what I want:

--130 RWHP (or more) and 80 lb/tq
--No loss of it's current low end and midrange anywhere (don't want the peak #s at the expense of low end or midrange)
--Bike must maintain the perfect "carburation" and driveability it has now (no popping, stumbling, etc.)
--No NOS (I want the power all the time, anytime, from idle to redline)
--No durability/reliability issues after upgrade
--All for max around $2500, installed

Is this possible? I love the bike, but I'm tired of the power it has. If I can get more power, noticeably more, for not too much $$, I'll do it.

I do all the maintenance on the bike, but I can't do engine work/tuning, so I'll have someone do it.

CAN ANYONE HELP ME!?!? :confused:

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
pwrmad said:
Is this possible? I love the bike, but I'm tired of the power it has. If I can get more power, noticeably more, for not too much $$, I'll do it.

:

For $2500? No it isn't possible IMHO. Save your money or pickup a used rice rocket for when you need the extra power. All the things you don't want can be issues and can be expensive. 130hp will most likely cost you around 5k unless you have the ability to do all the engine work yourself.

·
Registered
277 Posts
No Prob (But you got to do the work)

.480 Megacycle cams: $700
Destroyer TB: $400
RT: $450
D&D 2 into 1: $600
Dyno tune: $350

This setup gave me 136 hp & 92 torque in my '05 cvo. If you got an 1130 you should dyno real close to the numbers you're looking for.

·
Blowin' Smoke
2,647 Posts
Keep the good-running, smooth, durable, reliable V-rod just like it is and plop the $2500 down on a 'Busa or similar. You will be disappointed with half an upgrade on the V.

·
Premium Member
2,724 Posts
cheatin, where do you find this stuff. thats funny(tell me you dont really have those in your bike)

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
wiley81db said:
cheatin, where do you find this stuff. thats funny(tell me you dont really have those in your bike)
He used to run four of them, but couldn't keep the front wheel down. Honest. :deal:

·
The Hawk
3,895 Posts
Go to the bank and borrow another $2500 to go with what you already have and get the CP turbo. You will have more power than you can use.

Mike

·
_NoHighLikeMostHigh_
2,170 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
dmlkm said:
I'm going to have to add one of these to my turbo setup.
Have these on the Dyna and the dirt bikes.

·
'04 1300
3,071 Posts
  1. Take the money to vegas
  2. Bet it all on black
  3. If you win, buy a CP turbo
  4. If you lose, be happy with what you have :)

Or, do what I'm doing, buy a piece of a 1302 or 1350 build every few weeks, then take your pieces and your $2500 to Eagle this winter.

·
Registered F'n User
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Wow, great response - just got back from a huge ride today, passing out...will read all tomorrow....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

·
Registered
878 Posts
Elgavilan said:
Go to the bank and borrow another $2500 to go with what you already have and get the CP turbo. You will have more power than you can use.

Mike
:them:

·
Now on a VRSCDX!!!
604 Posts
Trade it in for that new buell it gives you 146 HP supposedly and is water cooled

·
Registered
430 Posts
Dang! All the good turbonator jokes have been used.. I would be very leary about a $2500 'Busa,...unless it had a fresh Turbonator installed with a good quality screwdriver of course.

·
Registered F'n User
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Max said:
For $2500? No it isn't possible IMHO. Save your money or pickup a used rice rocket for when you need the extra power.
Got one already, thanks. I want more power from THIS BIKE! :chair:

·
Registered F'n User
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 26 Posts