Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Pat's Fan
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Comming on to an interstate today I never saw this pothole..........snuck right up on me and I slammed it! After I finished checking to make sure my fillings were still in my head I noticed that it hit so hard that it made my mirror move sideways. I continued riding and when we eventually pulled over i noticed that my light was hanging by the wires. It hit so hard that the light popped out (i've hit other potholes but this never happened). Well........now im sitting at a coffee shop with my light hanging out of the hole and no metal spring clip to get it back installed. Somewhere along the line the spring clip fell out! I had to use some scotch tape from the coffee shop so the light wouldnt dangle the rest of the way home.

So the question................CAN I GET ANOTHER ONE OF THOSE SPRING CLIPS ANYWHERE??????? Any help??

·
The Heavycycles Guy
6,785 Posts
I have an extra from a light with a broken front mounting tab... I'll send it out to you in the morning.

btw, that's really odd... I never touch the spring clip during my retrofitting, so that was an "H-D factory fallout"

·
Pat's Fan
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:plause: Doc,

In no way was i thinking that it was because you did anything to the light that it came apart. The pothole I hit jarred everything! I was pretty pumped to find out that the LED lights themselfs made it thru just fine!!!

Thanks for the spring clip!! ( I will give you a call in the morning) :plause:

·
Registered
8 Posts
You must be joking, you're telling me you were riding around the streets of Boston and happened upon a pot hole!

I'm shocked !!

Another frustrated Boston area driver.

·
The Heavycycles Guy
6,785 Posts
don't call me too early (I'm on PDT) or shoot me an email so I know I'm sending it to the right place :)

·
Registered
974 Posts
Glad the whole (hole) thing worked out. Some potholes with the suspension on the VRSC models _ makes you feel like you should have the "stance" of a dirt bike rider.
Doc ,
Time should be no problem !
You are a D.I.T.

Dad In Training !

You better get used to being up all the time.

Seen the 1st Baby pic you posted.
Glad everything is great.
BobT

·
Pat's Fan
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Got lucky...............found the clip between the inner fender and outter. Used some epoxy to hold it back in this time.

Doc, thanks for the offer of the clip ...........hopefully this wont happen agian!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts