Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Diesel Smoke Tester
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Big Box of Stuff!

Just Braggin', but.......I just got back from the yearly "garage sale" at my local Dealer (McGuire HD in Walnut Creek). I really got lucky in my search for V-rod parts and "do-dads". Luckily there was only one other V-roder there. He bought a 100th aniv.
tank skin for $195 (I thought it was a bit steep).
I bought almost everything else they had for our bikes:

a.) stock (grey) handlebar swithchs (covers only).....$5
b.) stock brake and shift levers ( for chroming).........$5 ea.
c.) universal kickstand extension..............................$3
d.) touring passenger pillion (rear seat)...................$30
e.) touring passenger back-rest pad........................$25
f.) perfect condition, rear drive sprocket..................$4 !!!
g.) the "hoop di grah" (as my friend Mary says)
a new(in the box) Power Commander IIIr..........$50 !!!!!

Total for all the goodies= $122.00 I can't wait to go down to the shop to start puting things on. I'll wait on the PCIIIr till I read up on it again. The bike runs so good with the SE1 flash and the pipe mods and air filter....I'm affraid to mess with it. I'll post a photo of the "box of stuff" in a bit.
redrazor

·
The Heavycycles Guy
6,785 Posts
wow, good deal... I was supposed to go there earlier, but got tied up by my wife... errrr, something like that... I may roll down there now for the hell of it and see what scraps are left laying about.

·
Diesel Smoke Tester
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hope this photo comes through ok. I made it less resolution than ususal...so we'll see!! I'm goin to polish the rear sprocket ala
Max's post of a week or so ago. I actually like a good polished aluminum look better than chrome on some stuff.

Attachments

·
Riding around
7,736 Posts
redrazor, I merged the two threads here so people can see the list of what you bought and the photo in the same thread.

Val

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Such a DEAL. Congrats

·
Registered
154 Posts
thief....get your hands up!

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
I'd sell the PCIII on eBay and pocket the difference, The SE#1 flash is pretty good, IMHO. You should be able to get $200 for the PCIIIr which means the dealer PAID you $78 to take the other stuff off his hands ;)

·
spit happens
5,532 Posts
Good grab.:diablo: They 100anniv lids are going for about $300+ on ebay.:D

·
If You Ain't Cav...
2,069 Posts
I would choke my own mother (not really) for a $4 rear sprocket. I would pay 10x that! Any one got an old one laying around???

Mike

1 - 12 of 12 Posts