Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for feedback on owner's experiences with big bore throttle bodies, particularly those from Zippers. I have seen several comments in another thread about broken throttle shafts and pieces being sucked through engines.
How many have these and have had no problems and how many have had them and have had problems? Also, is your engine stock displacement with stock cams or does it have a big bore and/or stroker crank and/or aggressive cams? I'm wondering if I will have a problem with big bore TB's on an otherwise stock engine.

Thanks.

·
Elephant Motors Rock
3,505 Posts
You will probably lose torque on the low end if you go larger and don't do anything else to the engine. I have the 58mms in now (not Zippers though, so my screw stayed in place) and just broke the shaft a couple of weeks ago. I have the SE cams and will be stroking the motor to 1402 this fall, which is why I went to the larger TBs.

·
Banned
8,925 Posts
I have the same questions, would it make any noticeable (riding and speed-wise, not just to have a framed dyno graph as a trophy, LOL!) difference in a stock 1250 CVO engine after some additional tuning or not?

·
VROD JUNKIE
1,390 Posts
I have the 58mm tbs on my 1130, I went them because I was installing SE heads and Jones 440/440 cams and thought might as well while I am there....... (this damn forum!!!) I have had no issues to date *touches wood....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts