Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know how much hp/torque should be expected from big bore kit{80ci} no headwork or cams I do have 28t pulley and pc111 Chopper steve is doing the work and is finding the 16ga. v-modded pipes to be the stumbling block I was thinking about the cary faas pipe Don-t like the looks of the supertrapp any info helpful terry r. ps want to make the most power for the buck while it's still in the shop terry r

·
Premium Member
1,777 Posts
If you dont like the looks of the ST, you probably wont like the looks of the TT. As for bigbore hp/torque w/o any headwork....not sure anyone has gone than route yet. I do know with headwork approx 140hp & 100 torque are possible.

·
Riding the good life
4,908 Posts
In e-mail to Zippers, when the kit first came out, they advised 135 HP. Don't remember the torque #. We're talking bout 5 grand for that, with all the required mods to go along with the kit.

Thats not counting shipping to and from Zippers, and R & R of the motor.

·
spit happens
5,532 Posts
terry r said:
Does anybody know how much hp/torque should be expected from big bore kit{80ci} no headwork or cams I do have 28t pulley and pc111 Chopper steve is doing the work and is finding the 16ga. v-modded pipes to be the stumbling block I was thinking about the cary faas pipe Don-t like the looks of the supertrapp any info helpful terry r. ps want to make the most power for the buck while it's still in the shop terry r
If you want the most power get the TT's.I haven't heard anything about the Carey Fass pipes.
Did you drop the bike off to steve or did you send him the engine?If you don't mind me asking,How much is he charging you?and is he tuneing it?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
vrodvinny said:
If you want the most power get the TT's.I haven't heard anything about the Carey Fass pipes.
Did you drop the bike off to steve or did you send him the engine?If you don't mind me asking,How much is he charging you?and is he tuneing it?
I drop"t the bike off at his shop I'm about 1hr. away he is tuning it and it sounds like about 3500.00 but will most likly be more I also had him install a metz 200 while it was down Thanks for the conversation terry r

·
VROOOOOMMM!!!
763 Posts
Rich Moran said:
We're talking bout 5 grand for that, with all the required mods to go along with the kit.

Thats not counting shipping to and from Zippers, and R & R of the motor.
that seems kinda' high. check this out

Attachments

·
spit happens
5,532 Posts
You have to pay for case boreing and removal of engine.

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
vrodman said:
if rumors are true a supercharger is coming out for a vrod with some big numbers
Not as Much as Me!!!!!!!!!! :twisted: a couple of our foreign members designed and built a Supercharger for it.Kinda Crazy Looking which is OK! :kaz:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts