Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Bladerunner
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the more research I do, the more I'm leaning towards going the N/A route for more power. Looking for a reputable builder in the North East. I'm in CT, and would be willing to ride/trailer the bike up to 300 miles or so...

Anybody know of a good shop?

·
LIFETIME MEMBER
1,373 Posts
You should be in that range to Sharkey's shop... I know he's in the middle of building his new shop but I know he can help you out with your motor...

·
Premium Member
5,720 Posts
I would trailer it south to Virginia Beach for Smoothrod to do. If not I have a friend in RI who has rebuilt a few V-rods but specializes in 8 second Mustangs who could do the build too (his forum name is EricL03). PM me if you need anymore information.

·
Bladerunner
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the input guys. I'm going to TRY and sell one of my cars first before I go ahead with the build. A trailer up to ME or down to VA and a ride back is the plan. I was thinking about going turbo for the bump in power as it seems to be the more reliable route vs a blower, but I like the clean lines of the bike and dont want the turbo hanging off... going with a decent motor build doesnt seem like it costs too much more than the turbo route either...

·
Banned
4,421 Posts
how big of a build you thinking?

·
boredom kills
2,324 Posts

·
Bladerunner
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Haha nuthin too crazy... Don't want to spend a fortune or sacrifice reliability... Probably a 1350 setup from what I've been reading...

·
Pat (Patrick!)
11,222 Posts
I have a trailer available(Open trailer)......

1 - 10 of 10 Posts