Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:banghead:

Looking for exhaust. What is the best performance exhaust for the v-rod muscle? (Bubs 2 into 2 jug huggers or tab performance slip-ons. Both look and sound good.

tmar

·
Registered
336 Posts
I bought my bike with Jug huggers on it. I had it dyno tuned and the guy working on it said from a power stand point the stock exhaust with slip ons and he could get more power out of it. He definately said the jug huggers were not a power pipe, but a different look with noise. I don't like the sound, matter of fact I picked up a couple parts I needed and I'm going to be hanging the stock exhaust on today. While I've tried to wear ear plugs on highway runs, I know my hearing has suffered as a result of the Bubs.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Several posts say basically the same thing about the Bub pipes.

For folks that heavily market the speed trials stuff, it is surprising that they don't tune the pressure wave of their pipes. But then again; maybe they do for WOT only.

·
I see dead people
1,045 Posts
I put the V&H Competition slip ons on the muscle last week. I'm very pleased with the sound and performance. This is Vrod number 3 for me and it is my experience the stock head pipes flow very well for overall performance. I've had numerous different pipes over the past 5 years. The Comp slips ons also tuck up nice and do not drag the asphalt like some of the drag race inspired 2-1 systems.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts