Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep that's right! I was in no uncertain terms informed of that at the Harley dealership this morning. LOL, all I said was "Really". I had mine there and my brother had work done on his. They had 4 on the showroom floor and there was another one parked in the parking lot. :bs::bs:

·
Registered
298 Posts
not a popular hd

i have to agree with you,while i think my bike is great, not too many old school bad ass wannabees like it. its because of this type of mentality that i'm not to sure i will buy another HD. come on people its just a bike, get over it!

·
Premium Member
910 Posts

·
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I second the motion:deal:
The bad part is the other local HD dealer is even worse yet. At least this one talkes to you like your human. I guess I'll have to try the one out in Altoona Pa. It is the next closest. I did have to smile when he said that.

·
Buy American!
3,960 Posts
It Doesn't Sell a Lifestyle

That employee was right! The V-Rod is very, very unpopular with the employees.

Its dependable, low maintenance, relatively few accessories, and doesn't sell Harleywear. In other words, they don't make much money from selling V-Rods.

The Service Department hates us the most.

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
I didn't buy the bike to win a popularity contest....

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
the people that ride big twins don`t even see the v-rod as a harley.. and they do out number us that know that the v-rod is the superior motorcycle.. probably piss them off but they are the ones following the crowd.. i haven`t seen the inside of a v-rod motor except to build a big bore stroker .. they are totally reliable ,something that can`t be said for the big twin.. don`t know how many of those we go into during a year to fix problems under warranty..

·
V's and Z's
4,093 Posts
that employee was right! The v-rod is very, very unpopular with the employees.

Its dependable, low maintenance, relatively few accessories, and doesn't sell harleywear. In other words, they don't make much money from selling v-rods.

The service department hates us the most.
Brilliant!!!

·
Registered
111 Posts
I notice that although a lot of 'hard core' HD riders don't like it, they all seem to come over and look at it. That is until the RPM's hit 5000, then all they see is the tail light.

·
aka shudude
3,174 Posts
That employee was right! The V-Rod is very, very unpopular with the employees.

Its dependable, low maintenance, relatively few accessories, and doesn't sell Harleywear. In other words, they don't make much money from selling V-Rods.

The Service Department hates us the most.
:them:
Other than parts, Harley doesn't make a dime off of me. I take my bike to a Indy shop and the owner loves the revo, says it's the best motor Harley has made to date.

·
Isld Shite Disturber
1,040 Posts
I take my bike to a Indy shop and the owner loves the revo, says it's the best motor Harley has made to date.
thats cuz Harley didn't really make it......:hidesbeh:

·
V's and Z's
4,093 Posts
They really didn't make the Evo either...no doubt the best motor they've ever produced.

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts

·
Posting From The Pub
7,850 Posts
Yep that's right! I was in no uncertain terms informed of that at the Harley dealership this morning. LOL, all I said was "Really". I had mine there and my brother had work done on his. They had 4 on the showroom floor and there was another one parked in the parking lot. :bs::bs:
What's the problem? Do you think the dealer is wrong? Or do you think he is supposed to lie to you? I like people who tell the truth, some oily little creep who tells me I've made a very wise choice when we both know most people don't like the damn bike.

The V-Rod is a lovely bike, I adore mine, and I'm no deluded soldier, not only have I owned lots of other bikes, I still DO own other bikes, and I ride them - at least 20,000 miles a year between them, only use a car when I have to.

But Harley have been so behind the curve since about 1975, making shuddering old wrecks in homage to the shuddering old wrecks they made when ALL bikes were shuddering old wrecks, leveraging 1940s technology back onto 1970s bikes, that the only people who even look at what Harley make are people who have been suckered into thinking it ain't a real motorcycle unless it is a shuddering old wreck. So, non Harley people don't even know it exists (they'll run a mile from anything that has a Harley badge, because they don't want a shuddering old wreck) and Harley people don't want it to exist (they insist that only a shuddering old wreck will do). Hence low sales. Sad.

Why would you want the dealer to lie about it?

·
Rolling Thunder
1,329 Posts
Numbers please? Anyone have em?

What are the sales figures?

The VRSC line at HD is the only line i have any interest in.
I dont even like the smell of HD dealerships.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts