Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
do you mean the tire from the rim or the entire thing from the bike?
Tire from rim: there really is no "magic bullet", you just have to do it the same way you remove any other tire from a rim. Be sure not to put any pressure on the rotors as they WILL bend/tweak easily. When in doubt, remove the rotor and save yourself from the $50 mistake I made.
:vrodforu:
use the search feature and or check the "how to" section for detailed explanations and instructions.

·
Tie One On
1,645 Posts
from the bike,
take off the axle bolt on the right side, adjust the wheel forward to get slack in the drive belt, pull axle out the left side, drop out the right side brake caliper by moving the wheel forward then drop out the spacers on the right then the left side, then pull the drive belt off (forward) then remove wheel from rear of bike.
Make sure you support the rear wheel to take off the weight of the bike and when you are pulling the axle out, push up on the wheel or lower the bike slightly until you get the "centering" of the wheel and axle in line.

Did I miss any steps anyone ?

·
MODOHOLIC ANONYMOUS
7,448 Posts
i prefer this method...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,302 Posts

·
Blowin' Smoke
2,647 Posts
I find that if I put my bike up on the motorcycle jack, then use a standard auto jack to support the wheel/tire I'm working on, things go much better. I never have to lift a wheel assembly, and lining things up to reassemble is very simple. And, I don't scratch my wheels up.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Pulled my rear tire off this spring...

...and I just followed the service manual step by step. Its pretty detailed and doesn't seem to leave anything out really. Careful not to scratch your rim on the swing arm. Also If you have the dogs ass on the bike yet you kind of have to finagle the wheel out if you have the bike relatively low on the stand.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Isn't easiest way just to take it to a shop and let them do it???? I mean come on that requires no physical labor or no how on the owners part...:hidesbeh:

·
Premium Member
11,352 Posts
If your bike has Brembo brakes the caliper needs to be removed first and tied out of the way to prevent damaging the wheel.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts